MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about Dom and also about storage bags

5 posters

Go down

Question about Dom and also about storage bags Empty Question about Dom and also about storage bags

Post by marybordwell Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:39 pm

Hello,

My son, Matthew, is 6 mths old. We have been using donor milk since he was labeled failure to thrive at 1mth old. He had not yet hit his birth weight of 9lbs, 2 oz yet. I have noticed an issue with the bags that the frozen donor milk comes in. They have all been Lanisoh bags. I pull them out of the freezer, set them in a zip lock bag, and place zip lock bag in a bowl in the frig. I would say maybe 20% of the bags are leaking when the milk thaws out. Has anyone else had this problem?

Also, I was only able to get about 1/2 oz per feeding/pumping; I had tried everything. Domperidone got me to the point of getting approximately 5 oz per day. I used Dom about 3 mths. I started having palpitations and shortness of breath. I have had to have an echocardiogram and wear a Holter monitor. The Holter monitor study showed pseudonormalization and PVC's. Has anyone else had similar problems with the Dom? There are many reasons these symptoms could be present....I am definitely not saying it's the Dom....just trying to get an idea:)

Thanks for listening:) cheers
marybordwell
marybordwell

Back to top Go down

Question about Dom and also about storage bags Empty Re: Question about Dom and also about storage bags

Post by bluecandi Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm

I also have this problem with lansinoh bags. Drives me crazy!!!! :S

Ive been on dom for about 2 weeks and have not noticed anything like this. Good luck!!!
bluecandi
bluecandi

Back to top Go down

Question about Dom and also about storage bags Empty Re: Question about Dom and also about storage bags

Post by marybordwell Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:32 am

Thanks for answering my post! I was beginning to think I was invisible - LOL! Good luck to you as well:) I hope all works out well for you. Just an FYI...I don't know if you are on WIC or not....but the research I was doing online says that WIC should be paying for milk from a donor bank.....I am looking further into it, but not sure yet.
marybordwell
marybordwell

Back to top Go down

Post by bluecandi Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:04 pm

Awwwww Im sorry!
Im not on wic but I looked into the banks and just knew we would be last in line so I didnt even bother trying. Very Happy When my dd was 2 m/o I wasnt able to meet her needs anymore. After I tried everything with no change, my LC recommended I get my thyroid and prolactin checked and it turns out my thyroid was way low. Have you checked into this? It might explain your symptoms.......also, since the dom acts on the pituitary gland and you have gotten some results from it that tells me you might have something worth checking into. Smile Just an idea. Hugs!!! Good luck mama!!!
bluecandi
bluecandi

Back to top Go down

Post by marybordwell Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:52 am

Yes, I had Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome before I became pregnant....which means I went through HELL to get prego:) The Dom only raised my supply by a couple of oz per day....def not enough to be able to feed him. 5 oz/ day is hardly enough to deal with the pumping all day, time away from work, etc. But so far I have managed to keep him in breastmilk:) Good luck to you as well:)
marybordwell
marybordwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodibug Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:40 am

Just want to recommend you guys visit www.lowmilksupply.org. It is a great forum full of wonderful, helpful mamas. I am a member of their sister site which is for breastfeeding support after breast reduction. The women there have been invaluable to me in my breastfeeding journey. There are other members with PCOS and hasimoto's ( not sure if they are currently active or not though).

Jodibug

Back to top Go down

Post by honeysuckle Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:17 am

Hi, if you are having trouble with leaky bags I want to let you know about our new storage bag option. There are a lot of mommies who have switched from Lansinoh to our Honeysuckle Oxo-biodegradable Milk Storage Bags. They are BPA Free and better for the environment. Thicker and more reliable that other bags out there. Come by our facebook page www.facebook.com/choosehonyesuckle for more info. You can purchase them from amazon and we will ship to your donor for you. Free samples if you email your address to jon@newbagco.com. There are also some forum members talking about our bags here: https://milkshare.forumotion.com/t3034-biodegradable-bm-storage-bags?highlight=storage+bag
Thanks and good luck!

honeysuckle

https://www.facebook.com/choosehoneysuckle

Back to top Go down

Post by msucollin Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:20 pm

I've bought the honeysuckle bags on Amazon for all of our donors and they really are a million times better!! Save a few bucks and buy the big pack. They ship fast too. I'd totally recommend them!!

msucollin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down