MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please help us- Central NJ- willing to travel and supply storage bags

2 posters

Go down

Please help us- Central NJ- willing to travel and supply storage bags Empty Re: Please help us- Central NJ- willing to travel and supply storage bags

Post by popcorn888 Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:34 pm

Hi Noelle,

I'm a mom of an 18month old toddler and we have been donating breastmilk since April of last year. I stopped donating in January 2011 when we had electricity issues and our stash got wiped out.

Anyway, I have a nice stash of milk going for my son again and since we still have excess milk nowadays (though not as much as we had before), I am able to add to our stash every now and then. I read your post about Jacqueline needing breastmilk in the hopes of gaining weight (and avoiding any allergies). This cause (weight-gain) is close to my heart as I've also had weight-gain issues with my son a few months ago.

I have breastmilk that were pumped in January 2011 onwards and have been stored in a deep freezer immediately after being expressed. Do let me know if you're still looking for a donor and would be able to pick up soon.
I live in the northeast in Passaic County.

Jean
popcorn888@gmail.com

popcorn888

Back to top Go down

Please help us- Central NJ- willing to travel and supply storage bags Empty Please help us- Central NJ- willing to travel and supply storage bags

Post by noelleann70 Sun May 15, 2011 8:17 pm

Hi, my name is Noelle, mother of a toddler in desperate need of breast milk. I actually used to be a milk donor two years ago when I had a huge oversupply of milk, so I have been on both sides of the fence! Jacqueline is 20 months old. She was exclusively breastfed until 14 months of age, and after that went from cows milk to soy milk to almond milk after having reactions to all (even though when I drink them while breastfeeding there is no problem). The almond milk seems to be the best but there is not enough fat or protien in it for a toddler. She refuses to drink goats milk, and I can only pump 1-2 oz per day after 2 hours of pumping throughout the day. I lost my supply after getting my monthly cycles back in December and have had a hard time since. She has strange rashes all over her body that we cannot find a definite cause from, but these started after she stopped getting a substatial amount of my milk. Her weight gain has been lousy and teething has made this even worse, and the doctor and other medical professionals said that finding a donor would be the best thing for her.
Ideally I would love to find someone who eats a minimal amount of dairy,non smoking, egg and meat is just fine, any category B medications are fine too.
I am willing to travel up to 2 hours by car to pick up any milk that any mother may be able to offer us- I hope to find even just 10 ounces per day for her. I will never ask anyone to ship as I know how hard and expensive this can get. I can buy breast milk storage bags and any pump supplies that you may need replacing, as I know these things cost money and they wear out Smile
Please email me privately @ noelleann70@hotmail.com and I can give you more details about my life and my child if you are interested in helping us.
Thanks in advance!

noelleann70

Back to top Go down