MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new donor with questions

2 posters

Go down

new donor with questions Empty new donor with questions

Post by blessed4x Sun May 02, 2010 6:49 pm

Hello,
I am a nursing mom to a six Month old. I would like to donate milk to a baby. Can someone tell me what the best way to get started is? I own a Brest pump but have not been pumping so far. Do I need any kind of medical form before starting? Or only if requested? Is it reasonable to ask for a picture of the child I am donation to? Just for myself, I would like to have a picture of the baby/babies I donate to. Is their anything else I need to know?
Thank you

blessed4x

Back to top Go down

new donor with questions Empty Re: new donor with questions

Post by Jodibug Sun May 02, 2010 7:19 pm

Hello,

Thank you for considering being a donor. To get started all you need to do is post that you have milk available or respond to a request for milk. You do not need any medical forms unless a recipient requests them, not all do. You should probably be prepared to answer some questions about your medical history and your lifestyle at the very least. It is absolutely reasonable to ask for a picture of the baby you are donating to. As a recipient myself I do my best to send e-mail updates and new photos to the donors who seem interested in this kind of thing. Really as a donor the "power" is in your hands. Most recipient moms are willing to meet any reasonable requests, and if they don't meet your requests then you don't have to donate to them. Good luck finding a family that meets your needs as a donor and thank you again!

Jodibug

Back to top Go down