MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new possible donor and questions

4 posters

Go down

new possible donor and questions Empty new possible donor and questions

Post by alabamadonor Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:27 pm

okay so hopefully you guys don't think i'm crazy for asking this but here goes...
i have breastmilk i would LOVE to donate because i have this stash that i do not need since i'm a sahm now but i'm sort of wary. i would ship it but who's to say i am shipping it to someone that really needs it or if they are just, sorry to say, but a weirdo that has a bm thing. so i would then have to meet the person and then who's to say again that it's not a weirdo that's gonna try something? does this sound crazy? i hate to think this but with the way things are these days one has to wonder and be careful. so how do you work this out where you are comfortable? i would be willing to donate for many others but ideally one person that i could be comfortable with, meet, meet their baby and have them meet my dd but how do you get to that point? thanks for listening to my ramble. thoughts/advice would be great. i don't want my liquid gold to go to waste. Very Happy

alabamadonor

Back to top Go down

new possible donor and questions Empty Re: new possible donor and questions

Post by Jodibug Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:29 am

As the donor you can certainly request that the recipient meet you, in a public location so you feel safe, and tell them that before you donate to them you'd like to meet their LO and have them meet yours. This would probably put you at ease and make you feel more comfortable and I don't see any reason why a recipient would have a problem with this arrangement. I am a recipient though, not a donor, so perhaps some donors will chime in as well.

Jodibug

Back to top Go down

Post by sandiod72 Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:44 am

I am a donor. I am now donating to 1 milk baby but I have donated to a few others. You don't really even have to ask to meet the baby -- most of the moms are more than happy to show off their baby. Everyone on this forum knows that the world is crazy, and there are weird people out there. Do what you are comfortable with and ask the questions that you feel you need to know the answers. The moms needing milk for their babies are usually more than happy to answer any questions and do anything to make everyone involved comfortable. Meet in a public place -- I usually meet in a busy parking lot. Take an adult friend with you -- I usually take my Dad.

If something makes you uncomfortable about a mom or a situation then find someone else. I have also done internet searches on the email addresses, see if they come up on facebook -- then you at least have a face to go with a name before you meet them.

Donating to another baby is a great experience. As the donor you make the rules -- so do what you need to be comfortable.

Good Luck,
Sandi

sandiod72

Back to top Go down

Post by g8ratc Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:22 pm

I have found that in the talks with the recipient mom that we end up learning quite a bit about each other! (I am a donor) I had one mommy that I was donating to because I was on a business trip and couldn't carry a week's worth of milk home with me! SO we chatted and scheduled. I never met her and she had her sister come pick it up from the hotel after I left town, but I saw pics and just got some random info. I felt like I knew her. You can ask what you want, but I think in your conversations with these people, you will quickly "feel" like it will work or not. Good luck!

g8ratc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down