MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

frozen milk to donate - Iowa City

2 posters

Go down

frozen milk to donate - Iowa City Empty Re: frozen milk to donate - Iowa City

Post by blumooned Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:19 am

This milk has been donated.

blumooned

Back to top Go down

Post by bhtimm Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:29 am

Oh, I forgot to say that yes, April 3rd will be fine to wait till then. We actually have enough milk at the moment to last us until May - yours will be icing on the cake!

bhtimm

Back to top Go down

Post by bhtimm Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:47 am

That is perfect on meeting in Dubuque. My husband will be the one to pick it up as he goes down to the Dubuque area every other weekend to help with chores on the family farm.

I haven't required a lot of my donors as far as medical tests. If you have medical documentation you can put together that's great. Most women have an HIV and hepatitis test during pregnancy and that's what I'm most interested in, as those are viruses that can be transmitted through the milk.

Just curious, are you on Facebook? I ask this in case you want to see pictures of my daughter. I find that handy to keep donors in the loop so they can feel the reward of seeing my daughter grow from their milk. I just ask that you don't post any messages that might hint that I have low supply on there as it is a personal issue that only my close friends and family know about. Send me a PM with your name and/or email address if you wish to friend me.

bhtimm

Back to top Go down

Post by blumooned Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:35 pm

Hi - I am happy to give you the milk. I will actually be driving through Monticello on Sat, April 3, around noon. Would that day work for you to meet? I'm actually going to Dubuque, so if you don't want to drive all the way to Monticello, we could meet near DBQ. I don't go all the way into DBQ, but turn off to go over to Highway 20 - we could work out the meeting spot later. Does the date work for you? Can you wait that long for the milk? If not, let me know & I'll see what I can do.

You know, I didn't even think about the fact that you might need medical info from me. I haven't been to the doc since my son was born but was checked out throughout the pregnancy. Do you need anything medical from me? I'm not sure how easy/how long it will be to get the records. I don't have copies all ready.

Erin

blumooned

Back to top Go down

Post by bhtimm Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:08 pm

I would be happy to take the milk off your hands. We've had multiple donors from Iowa in the Cedar Rapids area even though we live in Madison , WI.

I've had 13 donors so far and of all the moms I've sampled the milk of it's not uncommon for frozen milk to taste a little "off". My daughter still seems to take it however.

We've met our last Iowa donor in Monticello, IA at the Subway - are you willing to drive that far to meet us?

bhtimm

Back to top Go down

frozen milk to donate - Iowa City Empty frozen milk to donate - Iowa City

Post by blumooned Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:40 pm

I have 45 bags of frozen breast milk pumped from 9/09 - 1/09, when my son was 5.5-8.5 months old. Most of it is from Oct/Nov/Dec.
The milk is in Medela storage bags, in sizes varying from 2-5oz. It was all frozen immediately after pumping.
It has been stored in the freezer section of a refrigerator/freezer.
All of the milk that I have thawed has had a distinct fishy/metallic/plastic odor/taste. Based on my research, I think it has excess lipase.

I pumped the milk thinking that my son would need it if I returned to work, but that situation has not happened yet, so we really have not had any use for the milk. I realize that it is old and that it has a bad taste, but I thought I would let anyone who needs it know that it is available.

I take a daily multivitamin. I do not smoke or take any medications or drugs. I have an occasional drink of alcohol, but never before pumping. I think I have a fairly healthy diet. Feel free to ask any other questions you need to.

I am hoping to donate it before April 2 as I need the freezer space then. I am also hoping to find someone who I can give it to in person, to save shipping costs.
Smile Erin

blumooned

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down