MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Augh! Accidently left breastmilk on counter...still good?

3 posters

Go down

Augh!  Accidently left breastmilk on counter...still good? Empty Augh! Accidently left breastmilk on counter...still good?

Post by apauls_abq Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:14 am

I have low milk supply so I have to work hard to keep all of my breastmilk! (I need to feed it back to my daughter in the LactAid.) Late last night (actually early this morning) I pumped some milk before going to bed and my husband set it out on the counter a few minutes after I'd put it in the fridge and we discovered it 8 hours later. Sad I don't suppose there is any way to figure out if it could possibly still be ok to use?...

Has anyone used milk after this long?

apauls_abq

Back to top Go down

Augh!  Accidently left breastmilk on counter...still good? Empty Re: Augh! Accidently left breastmilk on counter...still good?

Post by Jodibug Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:05 am

I pump while at work and leave my milk out for 7-8 hours every time and have never had any problems. You could taste the milk just to be sure it's not bad, you'd definitely know if it was.

Jodibug

Back to top Go down

Augh!  Accidently left breastmilk on counter...still good? Empty Re: Augh! Accidently left breastmilk on counter...still good?

Post by apauls_abq Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:47 am

Oh, thank you!

apauls_abq

Back to top Go down

Post by Chimichanga Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:04 pm

Depending on the temperature in your house, milk can be left out up to 10 hours safely. The warmer it is, the shorter that window becomes.

It may separate while sitting out, but it's still good. I've left milk out for a few hours and it's still fine. Smile

Chimichanga

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down