MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Desperately seeking milk for my SMA baby

2 posters

Go down

Desperately seeking milk for my SMA baby Empty Re: Desperately seeking milk for my SMA baby

Post by Yessig29 Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:53 pm

Hi Chana, thank you so much for responding to my request but i will have to decline your offer. Although, it is safe to breast feed with Crohn's disease my son's pediatrician doesn't recommend that I use your milk because of the medication you are on it may interfir with medications he is currently on none related to SMA since there is no treatment or cure for his disease.

Thank you so very much.

Sincerely,

Yessi

Yessig29

Back to top Go down

Desperately seeking milk for my SMA baby Empty Re: Desperately seeking milk for my SMA baby

Post by chana Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:28 pm

Hi, I might not meet your exact profile, but I do have a lot of milk that I can share. My daughter is 3.5 months old, thriving great on breast milk....but I would want you to know, I do have Crohn's disease, so the hospitals won't take my milk. I am healthy and have no symptoms, and I take a medication called Apriso, which is approved for pregnancy and breastfeeding. My daughter is doing great, and I wouldn't breastfeed if I had any qualms. I also take prenatal vitamins, DHA and iron. I have wayyyy more milk than we need, and I'd love to share with another child who could use it.

chana

Back to top Go down

Post by Yessig29 Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:35 pm

I live in southern California and am looking for an on going donor who's STD free and not on any medications (vitamins, prenatals, brewers yest, fenugreek and birth control pills are okay) I am willing to pay for shipping and supply reimbursement. Thank you so much!!

Yessig29

Back to top Go down

Desperately seeking milk for my SMA baby Empty Desperately seeking milk for my SMA baby

Post by Yessig29 Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:05 pm

Hello everyone,

My five month old baby has been diagnose with spinal muscular atrophy, and he has been hospitalized for almost a month. I was breast feeding up until he had his first respiratory failure on June 7, 2013, I had plan to breast feed until he turn two years old. I continue to to pump at the hospital but, then he took a turn for the worst and had another respiratory failure and we almost lost him again. I stop pumping because they weren't feeding him at the hospital because they were afraid he would aspirate on the milk, and i was also running out of storage space in the NICU and at home. Needless to say he's been place on a temporary feeding tube and his running out of milk, I try pumping again and I can't produce more then a ounce :-( I really would like to continue to provide my baby with breastmilk for as long as I can or for as long as we have him with us, since we been told he won't make it pass the two year of age. Thank you

Sincerely,

Yessig29

Yessig29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down