MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

looking for mommy who needs milk in north east nc area

3 posters

Go down

looking for mommy who needs milk in north east nc area Empty Re: looking for mommy who needs milk in north east nc area

Post by BayouBaby1 Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:43 pm

I just sent you a PM! Thanks......

BayouBaby1

Back to top Go down

looking for mommy who needs milk in north east nc area Empty Re: looking for mommy who needs milk in north east nc area

Post by mfulk Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:03 pm

Just wanted to let you know in case you didn't see it that I replied to the message you sent me. I think Milkshare doesn't send notifications when someone replies to your private message. At least I don't get notifications and then I don't know that someone has emailed me.

mfulk

Back to top Go down

Post by mfulk Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:44 am

I am in Charlotte, NC and am in need of milk. I'd be willing to drive to Elizabeth City though. Our daughters must have been born around the same time, my daughter was born on June 29th. I'll send you a PM about why we are in need of milk.

Why we need milk for my four month old daughter Reese: I have a 7 year old daughter, 5 year old son and 2 year old daughter. I produced almost no milk with my first and
with a lot of testing with my second it was determined that I make only tiny amounts of prolactin and therefore only tiny amounts of breast milk. I didn't know about milkshare with my first so I nursed her with a supplemental nursing system and formula. With my second I discovered the many wonderful moms on milkshare and was able to give him about half his daily milk from donated milk for a year and the other half from formula. I nursed him with the SNS for 20 months. We were so very blessed to be able to give our 3rd 100% breast milk for a year thanks to milkshare!! I nursed her with a SNS for 14 months. We would love to have enough donor milk to get us through Reese's first year as well.

A little more about why I don't produce nearly enough milk (on extremely high doses of domperidone and with pumping every 3hrs around the clock I only every produced a total of one quarter of an oz at a time):I have been told many times that if I just tried this or that I would be able to produce enough breast milk. Unfortunately for me that just isn't the case. I just wanted to reassure you that I have done absolutely everything possible to provide my own breastmilk for my children. I often worried that I wouldn't be able to get pregnant (after my OB told me she thought I had PCOS and wouldn't be able to without help), worried throughout my pregnancy that something would go wrong, but not once did I ever worry that I wouldn't be able to breastfeed succesfully. I didn't even know it was a possibility, I figured if you could get pregnant you could nurse. Our first daughter cried constantly after she was born and would nurse for hours and then keep crying. After a week our midwife came over and weighed her and she'd gone from 9lbs 7oz to 7lbs. And that was the start of what has been a devastating journey for me. I have such a feeling of failure as a mother that I can't be the source of my babies food. I am very thankful to the person that invented the lact-aid so that I can still have the breastfeeding bond with my children and they can get the small amount of milk that I make. I found out after my son was born the reason why I can't nurse and even though it's apparently a genetic abnormality, hypoprolactinemia (unfortunately my sister has the same problem I do) it is still a very hard thing for me to deal
with. So many people, including our ped and several lactation consultants, have told me to just use formula because there's nothing wrong with it. And I really wish I was someone that agreed with that. But I'm not. It goes against everything I believe in and because I hadn't heard of milkshare with my first and we couldn't afford the astronomical cost of milk from the milk banks she had formula. I cried so many times while preparing her formula. Knowing that I wasn't giving her the best thing was hard. I am eternally grateful to the person that created milkshare and to the many wonderful moms who have donated to my son and to my 2nd & 3rd daughters. Please know that I have tried and tried and tried and your milk will be given to a baby who couldn't get breast milk any other way than donated milk and a family that is so thankful that there are moms like you that would give of their time for the needs of a baby they don't even know. If you'd like to put a name with a face our blog is thefulks.blogspot.com

Meghan Fulk (& Reese)

mfulk

Back to top Go down

looking for mommy who needs milk in north east nc area Empty looking for mommy who needs milk in north east nc area

Post by allissamommy5 Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:01 pm

i have a 4 and a half month old daughter who was born 9 weeks preemature. Due to her not eating and being on lipids and fluids for almost the first month of her life, i have a over abundence of milk. Even now she doesnt nearly eat what i produce in a day. i have a deep freeze filled to capcity, and i hateto see it go to waste. Looking for a mom in the area that i could meet and talk with, that could use it.

allissamommy5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down