MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need milk for our newborn adopted son! :)

2 posters

Go down

Need milk for our newborn adopted son!  :) Empty Re: Need milk for our newborn adopted son! :)

Post by jevenson Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:46 pm

I sent you a pm....not really sure how this all works yet on milkshare.

jevenson

Back to top Go down

Need milk for our newborn adopted son!  :) Empty Re: Need milk for our newborn adopted son! :)

Post by jevenson Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:43 pm

Ursodiol is a medication used to dissolve gallstones and I have taken it when pregnant and after pregnancy with my other children. I think you can do a little internet research on it. I donated milk to a special needs baby and also a friend who adopted a baby along with feeding my 2 other children. I guess this is a personal decision you would need to make but both of them did not see it as a problem. As far as the health info, I have an appointment on wednesday and will see what I have. I am guessing not much since I live in a small town and see a family doctor but I will see how hard or difficult that would be to have done. I am sure that I could get a letter from my MD for you at the very least if that would give you some reassurance. Let me check on all of this for you and I will contact you regarding the health stuff via milkshare. At that point, you can make a decision and we will go from there regarding a phone call and shipping arrangements. I will send you a facebook friend request so you can see some pictures of my family and our precious angel Brynn's obituary. My name is Jessica Evenson so you will know when it comes across.

jevenson

Back to top Go down

Post by kimberly101010 Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:53 am

Thank you for reaching out to us! Your story brings me to tears. I am so, so SORRY for the loss of your daughter. I can't imagine. Sad I would love to have a phone conversation with you at your convenience. We would love to talk to further about receiving your milk & please know I pray for the donating families while I feed Harrison your milk. We are in awe that this milk sharing even exists. People willing to give their milk to help another baby in need they often don't even know is just so over the top giving... especially in the time of your loss. Simply amazing! My contact info: cell 407.970.1284, facebook: Kimberly West DiQuattro. Thank you bunches!!

PS - I am not familiar with Ursodiol - so I would like to learn more about that from you. Also, the tests that are recommended for milk sharing that I request are: *HIV I & II, *HBV (Hep B), *HCV (Hep C), *HTVL I & II, *Syphilis. If your doctor or hospital doesn't have these - I know others request them or go to their local health dept to get them.
kimberly101010
kimberly101010

Back to top Go down

Post by jevenson Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:43 pm

Hi, I may have milk for you if you are interested but I don't have much stored now. You would need to have it shipped since I am from SD so I am sure you would want a full cooler and I am not sure how long this will take to get enough to ship. I have had positivie experiences donated in the past through milkshare. All I ask is that we have a phone conversation prior to shipping. I don't know what health info you would like or what I even would have. I had nothing with my last baby since the MD did not do any testing of any sort and people took my word for it. I am very interested in finding a recipient. I just recently had a stillborn baby at full term and feel that this is truly honoring her and the right thing to do. I plan on pumping for 4-6 weeks at least and get at least a cooler full to ship to somebody in need. The only med I have taken is Ursodiol which is safe for breastfeeding and nursed my other 2 while taking this, but in my prior experience the milk bank would not take the milk because most of that milk goes to premature babies. I just really want to know that my milk is going to be used and appreciated by a baby.

jevenson

Back to top Go down

Need milk for our newborn adopted son!  :) Empty Need milk for our newborn adopted son! :)

Post by kimberly101010 Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:29 pm

Hello! We just adopted a newborn baby boy who is 3 weeks old now & would love to keep him on breast milk. I have actually been doing induced lactation/adoptive breastfeeding for him but I am only producing enough for about 2 of his feedings per day. We live in Lubbock (NW Texas) and would appreciate your milk so much. Of course, we would pick up if you live close or we would pay all expenses if you would be willing to ship to us from afar. Thank you so very much for any donations!! Kimberly kimberly101010@hotmail.com
kimberly101010
kimberly101010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down