MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tacoma area - Colostrum and first week of milk for newborn

5 posters

Go down

Tacoma area - Colostrum and first week of milk for newborn Empty Re: Tacoma area - Colostrum and first week of milk for newborn

Post by baxter_sj@hotmail.com Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:25 pm

The milk has been shipped out and now is gone.

baxter_sj@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Tacoma area - Colostrum and first week of milk for newborn Empty Re: Tacoma area - Colostrum and first week of milk for newborn

Post by nessalos Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:04 pm

Just curious, if your milk is still available and if you aren't able to find a newborn to donate to, would you consider an older baby, between 3-10 months?

nessalos

Back to top Go down

Post by baxter_sj@hotmail.com Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:18 pm

The milk is still available.

baxter_sj@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ketadog Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:23 pm

When I ship to the MilkBank they require the use of dryice to prevent thawing also it fits tightly in a cooler and remains frozen when shipped overnight with 10lbs of dryice.

I too am so sorry for your loss(((HUGS))) How special for you to share your angels milk:-)

ketadog

Back to top Go down

Post by baxter_sj@hotmail.com Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:23 pm

Thank you

baxter_sj@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Tacoma area - Colostrum and first week of milk for newborn Empty Sorry for your loss

Post by lisam10 Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:58 am

I saw from the postings that I am not the first person to respond to your post and that is okay. I just really wanted to say that I am truly sorry for your loss and it is truly wonderful what you are doing right now (giving to others). I will say that I am pregnant with my second child and I am not able to pump milk due to past breast surgery(cysts when I was in junior high). I am looking for a long term donor relationship. I live in Kansas. Blessings to you, lisa m

lisam10

Back to top Go down

Tacoma area - Colostrum and first week of milk for newborn Empty New baby milk

Post by trpitts1028 Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:42 am

This will be wonderful! I will check on the best way to have it shipped and get back to you. I really appreciate your willingness to share your milk with us. I will be back in touch with shipping info soon...thank you so much!

Tracy

trpitts1028

Back to top Go down

Post by baxter_sj@hotmail.com Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:34 am

Well you are the first to reply with interest and I appreciate your sincerity. This is exactly the type of situation I would love to give milk to. I have never done this before either, just wondering if you might be able to ask your fed ex provider how it might work....I think I saw on another blog a mom was able to send the person giving milk all the packaging to ensure safe arrival of frozen material. Maybe fedex has a special styrofoam cooling box or cool packs? Let me know.

baxter_sj@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Tacoma area - Colostrum and first week of milk for newborn Empty Adopted newborn in need of milk

Post by trpitts1028 Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:53 am

Hello,

I am so sorry about your sweet angel baby. We are adopting a baby boy, due in August but we expect he will arrive early because birthmom has been in the hospital several times in the last 3 weeks and we've had several false alarms. He is our daughter's half brother, and they have an older sibling with severe allergies - I was able to have her almost exclusively on BM thanks to milkshare, and she has been incredibly healthy - I am hoping to do the same for him. Being able to start him off on 'new baby' milk would be wonderful, as my daughter had a difficult time with older baby milk until she was about 5 weeks old. I've never dealt with shipping milk before (we had local donors before) but we live in Georgia now and there aren't nearly as many donors as there were in the DC area where we were. We do have a Fedex account, and will be happy to reimburse you for packing materials as well.

Thanks for considering us
Tracy

trpitts1028

Back to top Go down

Tacoma area - Colostrum and first week of milk for newborn Empty Tacoma area - Colostrum and first week of milk for newborn

Post by baxter_sj@hotmail.com Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:15 pm

Tacoma area - Colostrum and first week of milk for newborn
by baxter_sj@hotmail.com on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:58 am

Looking for a newborn needing milk. Thinking of maybe an adopted baby or mom who has had to have surgery or sick mom or sick baby type thing.

I have had a variety of a diet including milk, wheat, soy ect. Have taken prenatal vitamins, krill oil, psyllium husk, MSM, plus sage tea, and antihistamines Diphenhydramine hydrochloride 50 - 100mg and Cetirizine hydrochloride 10mg for a few of the days I was pumping. I was trying to dry out my milk supply.

Currently milk has been dated and stored in sterile containers in a freezer.

My health....
Have eczema, no diseases, eat mostly organic food, a non smoker, non drinker, non pain medication person.

My Story....
Beautiful baby boy born and passed away 3 days after birth due to a heart defect.

Sorry to be so picky about who I am looking to give the milk too, just really want to find someone who NEEDS it.

baxter_sj@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down