MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This milk has found a home

2 posters

Go down

This milk has found a home Empty Re: This milk has found a home

Post by Violetrinity Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:32 pm

Hi, I tried to PM you but for some reason it would not send. My name is Heather and I have a beautiful, intelligent 4-month old named Alex. I have been going through hell trying (and failing) to provide breast milk for him-- I have extremely low supply; we're talking 1/4 to 1 oz. each time I pump, max- sometimes none. From the beginning, I tried everything-- pumping every two hours, of course feeding on demand, supplements, diet, extra fluids, everything-- and nothing helped. After 2 weeks Alex was very skinny and had to be given formula. I STILL continue to pump (and get basically nothing), but I figured something is better than nothing. It is killing me not to be able to provide this most basic of needs for my only child (I am 39 and he will be my only). Every feeding consists of attempted nursing (he won't nurse since he gets nothing), pumping, AND bottle feeding and takes about 2 hours. I am exhausted and Alex suffers from this. I would SO appreciate it if you still have any milk left... do you? We are picking up a few ounces in Arlington probably tomorrow; if your milk is still available and we could coordinate this effort, that would be fantastic. Please let me know. Smile
Thank you and God Bless.

P.S. I'm not often able to answer my phone, but I'm a big texter, so if you'd like to contact me that way (or call, if you prefer- I'll call you back if I don't answer), my # is (703) 470-9935.
My email address is violetrinity7@aol.com. Thanks!
Violetrinity
Violetrinity

Back to top Go down

This milk has found a home Empty This milk has found a home

Post by mariaromstedt Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:45 pm

I have about 150oz, maybe a little more, in my freezer looking for a good home. Some of the milk dates back to the end of August 2010, so it needs to be used. When we switched my daughter from a bottle to a sippy cup, she decided that she would not drink milk from the sippy, hence the unused milk.

I eat a vegan diet. I take folic acid, calcium, and iron supplements as well as a vegan multi-vitamin. During the time the milk was pumped, I was also taking 25mg of Zoloft a day, which my doctor and midwife assured me was safe for breastfeeding.
The milk dates from when my daughter was 18 months to 22 months old. I became pregnant in October; I'm not sure if pregnancy affects the taste of the milk, but my daughter is still nursing without complaint.

I have donated milk to three babies in the past via milkshare, and I've found it to be a very rewarding experience. For this small donation, I'd prefer to donate to someone close (since it's not much milk, I'd hate for someone to make a long trip) who can use the milk soon.

Last edited by mariaromstedt on Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : This milk has been found a home!)

mariaromstedt

Back to top Go down