MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

freezer stash partially thawed - can you use some RIGHT NOW?

Go down

freezer stash partially thawed - can you use some RIGHT NOW? Empty Re: freezer stash partially thawed - can you use some RIGHT NOW?

Post by CorasMama Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:34 am

oh thank God. Someone sent me the link to the HMBANA page that says it doesn't count as thawed if it is still slushy with ice crystals. That saves most of it. Thank God. I'll be back at a later date, once I've gone through it all again, to donate some! Very Happy

CorasMama

Back to top Go down

freezer stash partially thawed - can you use some RIGHT NOW? Empty Re: freezer stash partially thawed - can you use some RIGHT NOW?

Post by CorasMama Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:29 pm

oh, and please don't quote this post, because I'll delete the phone number in a couple of days, but my phone number is * and my email is corasmom at slantx * com

call me literally any hour. I'd rather be woken up than this milk not get used by a baby who needs it. (Yeah, really)

Last edited by CorasMama on Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total

CorasMama

Back to top Go down

freezer stash partially thawed - can you use some RIGHT NOW? Empty freezer stash partially thawed - can you use some RIGHT NOW?

Post by CorasMama Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:58 pm

I'm in Lynnwood, and you can pick up any time, night or day. But the milk needs to be used in the next 36 hours.

My chest freezer got unplugged, and I have 15.8L of partially thawed breastmilk. Sad Sad Sad

I'm on nifedipine for Raynaud's Phenomenon of the Nipples, which is Dr. Hale's recommended treatment, and approved by the AAP. I'm also on nortriptyline, low-to-moderate dose (75mg), which was approved by my ob/gyn and the psych resident she consults with, the MD in the area who is the breastfeeding expert, my GP, the pediatrician, etc. And my baby has not shown any effects from it. I also take ibuprofen here and there.

I had hoped, today even, to come here and post that I had a big stash that I was willing to part with, because it's about 5 months worth, and I was only wanting to hang on to 3 months worth, as a safety net (I'm exclusively pumping, for my tube-fed daughter). Sigh.

CorasMama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down