MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Milk need in Battle Creek/Kalamazoo area for a very desperate EPing mama.

3 posters

Go down

Milk need in Battle Creek/Kalamazoo area for a very desperate EPing mama. Empty Re: Milk need in Battle Creek/Kalamazoo area for a very desperate EPing mama.

Post by thukhanh Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:11 am

thukhanh

Back to top Go down

Milk need in Battle Creek/Kalamazoo area for a very desperate EPing mama. Empty Re: Milk need in Battle Creek/Kalamazoo area for a very desperate EPing mama.

Post by LillandGillsMom Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:33 pm

I have never donated before but I have about 20 extra 4oz bags of milk in my freezer. They are from July. Are you interested in them?

LillandGillsMom

Back to top Go down

Milk need in Battle Creek/Kalamazoo area for a very desperate EPing mama. Empty Milk need in Battle Creek/Kalamazoo area for a very desperate EPing mama.

Post by brandi Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:50 pm

Okay, it's pretty long, but here is my story.

My son Liam was born Jan 4th, in a much unwanted c-section (due to dvt/pe). It was a pretty big blow for me, because I had really wanted a natural birth (or homebirth if possible). Afterward, I did not get to see him for hours. Breastfeeding got off to a bad start. And by bad start, I mean no start at all. He refused to latch right from the very beginning. We both ended up staying a week in the hospital. He spent the time in the special care nursery, and I had to fight to try to get him to latch. The doctors/nurses wanted him on a "feeding schedule" so they could routinely check his blood sugar. I knew it wasn't conducive to breastfeeding.. but I was also scared for his health. I tried so hard to get him to latch. I made sure he was only fingerfed, because I didn't want him to get nipple confusion. I was given a nipple shield on day two. He would latch on, but not really suck. I pumped around the clock like crazy.

After we left the hospital, I kept trying to encourage him. I've tried everything possible. I've seen numerous LC's, LLL, peer-counselors, the breastfeeding clinic. I've even drove 2 hours to Ann Arbor to see an osteopath to do cranial manipulation. I've tried rebirthing/nursing in the tub. You name it, and I've probably tried it. The whole time I kept pumping every two hours, around the clock. He didn't even get a bottle (or pacifier) until 8 weeks. I just couldn't keep up the fingerfeeding anymore. I gave up trying to latch him after 18 weeks. I embraced the fact that I was an exclusively pumping mama.

I pumped every two hours for the first 6 weeks, and I've been pumping every 3 hours (8 times a day) since then. I've kept pumping through thrush, mastitis, and recurrent clogged ducts. My supply has always been low. On my own I only make about 8-10 ounces. With power pumps, fenugreek/blessed thistle/alfalfa/etc I make about 13 ounces. I did a round of reglan, but it made me horribly depressed. I've been taking domperidone. My doctor wouldn't right me an RX for it, so I ordered online. Even on domperidone, I can only make 18ish ounces.

Last week I was very sick. I slept through a lot of my pumps, and couldn't keep any food down. My supply plummeted. Two days ago I only got 2.5 ounces all day long. Yesterday I was able to get it up to 5.5 ounces. I'm currently back to pumping every 2 hours.. but I'm started to feel like I just can't do this anymore. I only have two weeks of domperidone left, and I'm really worried. I really wanted to make it to a year. If I had been able to nurse, I would have nursed at least two years. With having to EP, I just want to make it a year.

If anyone can donate to help me get him more milk, I would really appreciate. I hate making bottles of formula. It just reminds me how much my body sucks, and how much I've failed at all of this. I wanted a natural birth, and to breastfeed so badly.. and I couldn't do either. I plan to keep pumping, but I could still really use some help. I know it's not for a sick baby, or adopted, or preemie, or any of the things people usually ask for... but I really want to give him as much breast milk for as long as I can.

Sorry for the sob story.. it got a little long.

brandi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down