MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need milk for my Newborn!

5 posters

Go down

Need milk for my Newborn! Empty Re: Need milk for my Newborn!

Post by zoqueta22 Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:24 pm

Hi,
I have extra milk to donate. I am north of Atlanta off I-575. My baby is a bit over 7 months and I have milk from the end of January on. The milk is kept on a deep freeze from the time is frozen.
I do not drink coffee or tea... maybe a coke every now and then.
let me know if you are interested. My freezer is almost full and do not want to have to throw any away.

zoqueta22

Back to top Go down

Need milk for my Newborn! Empty Might be a perfect fit

Post by espressivo Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:56 am

Hi there,

I live in northern Atlanta suburb and have had a huge oversupply since day one. My daughter was born November 20, 2009 and I immediately had to start pumping because we had some latch problems. This created an oversupply and though we are great breast feeders now, the oversupply is still there. I currently have 1400 ounces in the freezer and though my husband and I want to save some of it in case something happened to me or my supply, I also don't want to throw away breastmilk either. We decided to give away my milk on a monthly basis, one month before it would "expire." All the milk has been frozen within 48 hours of pumping and it is stored in a deep freezer. It sounds like you and I might be a perfect match. I could give you my milk from early December in May and then go from there. I will go count up exactly how much it is, but it will probably be around 200-250 ounces a month. In addition, because of the differences in ages of our kids, you will be getting the milk from the same time period (i.e. your son would be drinking milk for a 2 week old that was pumped for a 2 week old). I have been told that this is best.

Just to give you a heads up in case it is important, I am not dairy free and I do drink caffeine (not excessively, but I do have it). In addition, I will have a glass of wine every now and then (average once per month). I always test my breast milk for the alcohol content before freezing it. I am very healthy and all my pre/post natal tests came back great.

Please let me know if you are interested and what we should do. I have never donated before, but would love to help out as I am a big believer in breast milk!

Shelley

espressivo

Back to top Go down

Post by ambs982 Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:01 pm

Please see my post in the GA forum. I live in Macon & have roughly 300 ounces ready to go!

ambs982

Back to top Go down

Post by hidy Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:48 pm

Hello Betina,

I live in Seattle, WA--but I'm in Atlanta for a few days. Since, I'm away from my baby, I continue to pump to keep the milk supply going and hoping that I can nurse him once I get home. I don't plan to take the milk home, and I cried when I poured it down the drain last night. I'd love to donate the milk I pump to your baby. You can keep it frozen. I'm attending a conference and staying in a hotel downtown Atlanta, are you close?

Best of luck with your new baby.
-Hidy

hidy

Back to top Go down

Need milk for my Newborn! Empty Need milk for my Newborn!

Post by betina Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:03 am

Hi, I'm hoping to find a gracious person who would be kind enough to donate some milk for my baby boy, due to arrive early in May.
I have a condition, where trauma experienced to the breast has damaged the tissue extensively, to the point where I cannot produce
enough milk of my own. I'm desperately trying to find an alternative to formula, as formula created a lot of problems for our older child.
Since I don't know the exact day when I will be holding that newborn baby, I need to have some availible (to be frozen) to feed immediately
after birth.
If you think you might be able to help me out, I would be forever thankful and grateful!
(I would arrange to pick it up, regardless of whether it is a one-time or ongoing supply donated).

betina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down