MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Age of baby

5 posters

Go down

Age of baby Empty Age of baby

Post by froggyleggs Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:58 pm

Im curious about the importance of the age of milk for a baby.

I have milk that is frozen starting when my son is 3 months old. I have a person that is interested in this milk, but it would be used for her newborn twins. The only concern is their nutritional needs being different than that of the milk supply. Meaning that my milk is being made for the current age of my baby.

Any insight on this?
froggyleggs
froggyleggs

Back to top Go down

Age of baby Empty age of baby

Post by g8ratc Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:27 pm

Hi, long time since I posted. Have an almost 2 y/o and preggers again, so will prob get more involved as a donor again. I was under the understanding that it is REALLY good to match up ages, but that it is normally acceptable to do it w/in 3-4 months. Obviously, that gap is "bigger" when it's newborn v 4 mos. BUT I do know, that no matter the age, especially w/in the first year, is sooooo much better than none. I know the difference you have will not negatively affect the twins... I wish you luck! and congrats on the 3 month old!

g8ratc

Back to top Go down

Age of baby Empty Re: Age of baby

Post by Samanthavv Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:42 pm

although it's GOOD to match up the babies ages, I don't think it's THAT necessary. Breastmilk is breastmilk, and no matter what the age of it, it's still better than formula.
Samanthavv
Samanthavv

http://www.boutique.bebebreeze.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyofmany Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:30 am

Its true that age is a factor however breastmilk is different even amongst mothers for "their" baby is what I hear.
I had a newborn baby and was getting breastmilk from a mom who had an 18 month old.
So I say if you found a baby or babies to give your gold to please do. You have no idea how excited us moms get when we find a donor. Its like Christmas only better!!

Bless your heart,
Michelle mommy to 7 blessings!

mommyofmany

Back to top Go down

Post by myblueeyedbabies Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:36 am

I think it's only relevant for newborns -3months. I know newborn milk is very different than older baby milk and I've read somewhere that after about 3 or 4 months the changes that the milk will go through isn't that significant. I'm trying to find where I read that, but I"m having no luck yet. I'll post it if I can locate it.
myblueeyedbabies
myblueeyedbabies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down