MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What to do with pumped milk while on vacation...

2 posters

Go down

What to do with pumped milk while on vacation... Empty What to do with pumped milk while on vacation...

Post by jthoman Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:30 pm

In three weeks we are taking a five day cruise. We are driving to the port, so we will have 2 days in the car each way (traveling with 2 small kids). The trip will be a total of 9-10 days. I currently pump twice a day and freeze 10 oz a day about 5 days of the week and 5 oz the other two days. I asked about accomodations on the ship and they said there is no in room refrigerator and they don't have a way to store it for me. I can bring a cooler that plugs in, but it can't exceed a certain size or they can refill an ice bucket every two hours around the clock. I spoke to my neighbor who is a LC and she said neither option would keep my milk properly. I cannot stand the idea of pumping and dumping and I don't want to stop pumping and kill my supply. I figure if I have to, I can put some in my 9 month olds sippy cup for use throughout the day and I can mix some with milk for my 3 year old but the LC said she may not like the taste of it since she hasn't had it in 2 years.

Anyone have experience with traveling with milk. We are cruising with Carnival cruise lines. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

jthoman

Back to top Go down

What to do with pumped milk while on vacation... Empty Re: What to do with pumped milk while on vacation...

Post by GoodyBrook Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:56 pm

Is there any way you can find a recipient mother at port to take the milk off your hands for the last day or two of your trip? Keeping it deep in ice should be fine if you're just doing it for the last day or two. The first few days you can dispose of in your children's frosted flakes. (I doubt they'd notice the difference in taste at all!)

Do give us an update and tell us how you handled the situaton!

GoodyBrook

Back to top Go down