MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need milk in Houston area

2 posters

Go down

Need milk in Houston area Empty Re: Need milk in Houston area

Post by myblueeyedbabies Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:20 pm

I no longer need any donations, thank you!
myblueeyedbabies
myblueeyedbabies

Back to top Go down

Post by myblueeyedbabies Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:44 pm

Yeah they could become good little friends! I watch 2 other 6 month olds during the day so I wouldn't be able to go there, but you're more than welcome to come over and join the circus! Haha. She'll have alot of little girls to play with. I wanted Karleigh to have that social interaction, but can't afford any daycare, so I thought why not just bring the others here! They crack me up all day. If you prefer the weekends we could come over there or meet somewhere.. it's too cold for parks now but in like a week or two spring will be back..haha. silent But yeah I'm up for whatever anytime!
myblueeyedbabies
myblueeyedbabies

Back to top Go down

Post by asahinasan Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:05 pm

This makes me feel sooo good to hear!!!
I am SO exited that she is drinking again and enjoying it!!!!

I wont be able to make a big donation like that again for about a month and a half (how long it takes me to pump 99 ounces) BUT I can do smaller donations here and there as I get surpluses.

I really think that we should get the babies together for play dates as well, unfortunately Quinn doesn't get much experience with other babies since I don't have her in daycare, and I don't watch any other babies, so I would love for her to have a little friend to play with and they seemed to be interested in each other last night! Very Happy

again I am SO happy to hear that shes drinking again!!! cheers
asahinasan
asahinasan

Back to top Go down

Need milk in Houston area Empty Thanks!

Post by myblueeyedbabies Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:06 am

So far she's had 3 bottles and she's sucking them down like she hasn't eaten in weeks! I'm doing half BM half formula so that I can stretch the BM out as long as possible. But I can't thank you enough. She's happy, she's not screaming after an ounce anymore, and best of all I don't have to worry about her getting dehydrated. Thank you again and I hope we can continue this donor/recipient relationship! Very Happy
myblueeyedbabies
myblueeyedbabies

Back to top Go down

Post by asahinasan Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:55 pm

sounds great!
asahinasan
asahinasan

Back to top Go down

Need milk in Houston area Empty RE:In the Houston Area

Post by myblueeyedbabies Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:54 pm

Ha! WOw. It is super freaky awesome that we live so close! I'm not sure exactly, but I don't believe we need to go through the group once we've found eachother. We can just go about it however will work best for us. I'll private message you my info!
myblueeyedbabies
myblueeyedbabies

Back to top Go down

Post by asahinasan Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:44 pm

I'm actually right off of 529 and Highway 6 myself!!! that is really cool that we are so close! I made VERY sure with my doctors that my being on the Synthroid would be fine, and they continually assured me that breastfeeding while taking Synthroid would be better than putting her on formula.I don't know how to go about this, do we just trade numbers and work out a way to transfer the milk on here, or how does this work?
asahinasan
asahinasan

Back to top Go down

Need milk in Houston area Empty RE:In the Houston Area

Post by myblueeyedbabies Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:20 pm

That would be incredible! I'm actually near Cypress myself. Hwy6 @529. How great is it that we are so close!? Like I said I'm not very picky as my daughter had no issues with anything in my own diet. Also I'm sure you wouldn't give your own child anything you were unsure of and that is good enough for me! I'll take how ever much you are willing to donate. I used to mix my own milk with one or two oz of formula and she took it fine. However the 100% formula bottles she just will not accept! The last two weeks have been SO difficult and you are going to be such a blessing! I can't thank you enough.
Nicole
myblueeyedbabies
myblueeyedbabies

Back to top Go down

Need milk in Houston area Empty In the Houston Area

Post by asahinasan Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:16 am

Hello,
I am actually in the Houston Area and looking to donate. I could probably donate 100 ounces at this time. I'm located on the northwest side of town near Cypress. I am on a dairy free diet because my daughter has a milk protein allergy, but have had some caffeine, no alcohol just because I'm not a drinker. I am on Synthroid for my Hypothyroid, but the chance of any getting into the milk is incredibly low. I know its not a whole lot right now, but I am continuing to pump and could continue to donate here and there. my daughter is 6 months old right now if that important. I'm willing to meet locally as well.

I've never done this before so just let me know what information if any you need from me.

I Hope I can help,
Teri
asahinasan
asahinasan

Back to top Go down

Need milk in Houston area Empty Need milk in Houston area

Post by myblueeyedbabies Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:17 pm

Due to jaundice and then latching issues, I ended up pumping for my daughter since about day three. She is 6 months old now and I, for some reason, have been running dry. I used fenugreek, malt barely, oatmeal and anything else I read about to try and raise my supply. It didn't work. Since about 5 months I have had to use my frozen stash. It wasn't very much to begin with because I only made up to 22 oz per day.. on a good day. So I only had 150 oz stored and it's since gone. My daughter is on formula 100% now and, honestly, we both hate it. She still screams after the first few sucks when she realizes it's that nasty formula again. I've tried adding juice, pediasure, and the such to try and sweeten it up for her and she'll tolerate it, but only for a little bit. She's not drinking as much as she should be and I just know it's because she doesn't like it and she'd prefer breastmilk. I'd prefer for her to have breastmilk as well, even if it doesn't come from me.
I'm willing to meet locally and I'll replace bags. I ate chocolate and dairy and had coffee and the occasional glass of wine when I was pumping without any issues, so I'm not picky about caffeine consumption and as long as it's not in excess I'm not picky about alcohol consumption either. I hope someone out there can help us out! Thanks in advance.

Nicole
myblueeyedbabies
myblueeyedbabies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down