MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mom in OKC Wanting to Donate--TAKEN

3 posters

Go down

Mom in OKC Wanting to Donate--TAKEN Empty Re: Mom in OKC Wanting to Donate--TAKEN

Post by Kbrownchiro Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:40 pm

Do you still have milk available? I will be okc on Friday. I am in desperate need to supplement while I'm in doctorate school. Please let me know if you have milk still.

Thank you,
Kelsey B

Kbrownchiro

Back to top Go down

Mom in OKC Wanting to Donate--TAKEN Empty Re: Mom in OKC Wanting to Donate--TAKEN

Post by peppermintmomma Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:23 am

I sent you an e-mail. Smile

peppermintmomma

Back to top Go down

Post by janacrisp Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:24 pm

i just tried to do this, i think it didn't work. sorry if you're getting it twice! i'm in kansas, but willing to drive a good distance if it's worthwhile! with my last child, i lived in dallas, and we drove up to okc a few times for milk. now that we live in ks, i think it's about the same distance Smile. i am accustomed to thawing out milk no matter what size, and transferring it to the lactaid nurser, which is what i use, supplementing 90%. i can only make an ounce or so at a time, despite trying everything. i can go into the details, if you're interested! thank you for considering us for your extra milk. it would be so wonderful to have newborn milk for when my baby's a newborn! you can contact me at janacrisp@yahoo.com

janacrisp

Back to top Go down

Mom in OKC Wanting to Donate--TAKEN Empty Mom in OKC Wanting to Donate--TAKEN

Post by peppermintmomma Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:02 pm

Hello there. I am the mother of a sweet 8 week old baby girl who was born 5 weeks early. She is gaining like a champ, and I'm sure she'll be caught up to the other 8 week olds in no time.

Here's my deal:

I've been pumping since she was in the NICU, and I had intended to save the breast milk for her. But I'm producing so much that my 5 cu. ft. deep freeze is literally filled to the top. I'm going to get my blood test done on Monday to become a donor at the Mother's Milk Bank of North Texas, but I really need to free up some freezer space!

The possible down side, however, is that a lot of my milk is stored in 6-10 oz., since I had intended to use it myself and knew I wouldn't have a problem using a thawed 10 oz. bag. I pump 6 times a day and get anywhere from 8 to 16 ounces per pump. I would consider being an ongoing donor if someone needs it. I'm alcohol-free, smoke-free, and I keep caffeine to a minimum.

Please please please contact me if you're interested in some of my massive stockpile of milk. If I can't get anyone to take it very soon, I'll have to throw it away, and that would absolutely break my heart.

Last edited by peppermintmomma on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

peppermintmomma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down