MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mom with cancer needs 30oz per day

+3
krissie129
Lovebugsandy30
dieena
7 posters

Go down

Mom with cancer needs 30oz per day Empty Re: Mom with cancer needs 30oz per day

Post by kasienkaaa Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:52 am

I am a mother of a 3 month old and have over 150oz to donate. Let me know if you are interested. Through the breastfeeding i have really been watching what i eat so i don't hurt hte baby in any way. I am a nonsmoker/nondrinker. Let me know if you are still interested i would hate to have the milk go to waste.

kasienkaaa

Back to top Go down

Post by Dressesnpurses Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:56 pm

I am a mother of four beautiful children and I live in Illinois. I am healthy and I do not smoke. I am overweight by 35 pounds from having my most recent child who is a 9 week old girl. I have lots of milk in my freezer pumped in the past three weeks that I would like to share with someone in need for their child. I believe I will have milk on a continuous basis to share with the right family. Please contact me at mcfallsmccallum@aol.com if you are a family in need. Thanks.

Dressesnpurses

Back to top Go down

Post by OLeaozinho Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:26 pm

I have about 30 oz to donate and I live in Chicago. I would be more than willing to drop it off if you're going to be in the area picking it up. I take prenatal vitamins and 50 mcg of Synthroid (for hypothyroidism, totally safe for breastfeeding) everyday. I am not on any restricted diets and I do drink coffee. If this is ok with your friend, I'd love to help her out!

OLeaozinho

Back to top Go down

Post by jnj0292 Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:08 am

Hi dieena:

Where exactly are you picking up milk from in the Chicagoland area this weekend? And when? I would be happy to donate to your friend, too, if you can fit me in to your route. I live in a western suburb of Chicago called Oak Park. I have a good amount of milk to donate (couple hundred ounces). Let me know if you have any questions for me. My baby is currently 5 months old (24 weeks).

Thanks

(I tried PMing you, but the message is still sitting in my MilkShare outbox. ???)

jnj0292

Back to top Go down

Mom with cancer needs 30oz per day Empty Definitely interested

Post by dieena Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:55 pm

I'm definitely interested and am super grateful for all of these wonderful milk angels helping my friend. Thank you so much and I'll pm you. Smile
dieena
dieena

Back to top Go down

Mom with cancer needs 30oz per day Empty 2 months of milk to donate---all labeled with dates and ounces!!

Post by krissie129 Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:51 pm

Hi, I'm a 31 year old healthy mom of a very healthy and chubby little 3 month old. The first 2 months we noticed he had trouble with gas upsetting his stomach so the lactation consultant recommended eliminating all dairy from my diet. This seemed to be the trick for my little one. So no more milk, yogurt and cheese for me until I'm done breastfeeding.
With that being said, I have quite a bit of frozen breastmilk from the first 2 months of his life that I'd love to donate. I've been using 1-2 bags of it a day along with the current milk but I'd rather not let any of it go bad since I'm not using it fast enough.

Also, I've been taking prenatal vitamins every day and have not been sick at all, have avoided spicy food completely and no coffee/alcohol/drugs or cigarettes!!!
I live in champaign but will be traveling to Chicago the 2nd week of october. Let me know if you're interested

krissie :-)

krissie129

Back to top Go down

Mom with cancer needs 30oz per day Empty Thank you

Post by dieena Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:48 pm

Thank you. I sent you a message to your email. Smile
dieena
dieena

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebugsandy30 Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:18 pm

Hi,

I have an 11 month old baby girl who I have breastfed and have bags of milk in the freezer. I would love to donate it to you. I am a very healthy 30 year old I take vitimans never drink or do any kind of drugs. If you are still looking e mail me at Lovebugsandy30@yahoo.com. I love near Dekalb IL. I am new to this website so I am not sure how to do any of this yet not even sure how to post an ad. I have not been screened. Hopto hear back from you.
Sandy

Lovebugsandy30

Back to top Go down

Mom with cancer needs 30oz per day Empty Mom with cancer needs 30oz per day

Post by dieena Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:29 pm

I'm helping my friend get milk so she can focus on chemotherapy. She asked me to share this:

I'm a working mom with a 3 month old baby girl, my 4th child, and have been breastfeeding exclusively since she was born, even through a nasty staph infection. Unfortunately, I was just diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma, a cancer of the immune system, and will have to undergo chemotherapy starting this week. My doctors have told me I'll have to stop breastfeeding since the chemo drugs are toxic, but I'd really like my baby to be able to have breastmilk for at least a few more months. I know that beggars can't be choosers and I am grateful for anyone who is willing to donate, but if possible, I'd prefer someone that has undergone the screening process for donating milk or who lives a healthy lifestyle equivalent to what the screening looks for. I find the prospect of fighting cancer pretty daunting, but it would really put my mind at ease to know that at least my baby's needs are being met. Thanks so much for your help!
dieena
dieena

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down