MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Milk available to donate. Far west suburbs

4 posters

Go down

Milk available to donate. Far west suburbs Empty Re: Milk available to donate. Far west suburbs

Post by jeanbean2 Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:57 pm

Do you still have milk? My 3 month old needs milk and I'm not able to produce like I want to. My husband can drive there to bring it back home.

Jeannine

jeanbean2

Back to top Go down

Milk available to donate. Far west suburbs Empty Re: Milk available to donate. Far west suburbs

Post by MrsHK Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:32 pm

Sorry, there seems to be some confusion in this post.

I just wanted to let everyone know I did find a local recipient and donated the milk today. I will post again another time if I continue to end up with a surplus. Thanks for everyone's response.

MrsHK

Back to top Go down

Milk available to donate. Far west suburbs Empty Sorry, message ment for MrsHK, not Lisa, I got mixed up!

Post by HopeKMC Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:54 pm

Yes, Lisa, I was trying to respond to MrsHK, sorry. Just new to this. Good Luck to you!!

HopeKMC

Back to top Go down

Milk available to donate. Far west suburbs Empty confused!!!

Post by lisam10 Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:41 am

After rereading the previous posts, are you MrsHK? If so, I thought you were going to wait until after your vacation to think about shipping? I am now Totally confused here. lisa

lisam10

Back to top Go down

Milk available to donate. Far west suburbs Empty Wrong Lisa

Post by lisam10 Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:38 am

Hi there, I think you are replying to the wrong person. I am looking for donor milk and I was replying to the Mrs HK post about possibly being a receipent of her breast milk. Sorry for the mix up. Good luck in your quest to obtain breast milk. blessings,lisa

lisam10

Back to top Go down

Milk available to donate. Far west suburbs Empty Seem to be a good match!

Post by HopeKMC Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:13 am

Lisa -

I just sent a post today to look for someone. Your post seems to be a good match. I live north of Chicago and it would take about an hour to drive to you. I have a few questions and let me know if you are interested also!
Did you start storing from birth and store regularly throughout the last 6 months?
How soon after you expressed the milk did you put it in your deep freezer?
Can you read my post and do you meet the requirments I listed?
One thing I need to check is whether the milk would last only 12 months or longer...b/c I have twins coming not until Jan/Feb.
Thanks!!

HopeKMC

Back to top Go down

Post by lisam10 Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:45 pm

Okay, thank you for your prompt response. blessings, lisa

lisam10

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsHK Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:18 pm

For now I'd like to try to be open for someone local who I can arrange on-going donations to. I'll look at shipping opportunities when I return from vacation in mid-August. Thank you.

MrsHK

Back to top Go down

Post by lisam10 Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:48 pm

Hi, would you be interested in shipping with your costs covered? I live in Wichita,Kansas. I do have relatives that live in Hoffman Estates, Illinois but I am not sure they would be able to ship the milk to me themselves. They are my husband's parents. Anyway, let me know. Oh, I am looking for a long term donor because I am pregnant right now and due in November. blessings,lisa m

lisam10

Back to top Go down

Milk available to donate. Far west suburbs Empty Milk available to donate. Far west suburbs

Post by MrsHK Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:25 am

I have a 6 month old that I have been pumping part time for. I started in January pumping just to increase my supply and have since been pumping part time while I work during the week. I've been pumping far more than he needs so my deep freezer stash has been accumulating quite a bit more than I think we'll ever need. Right now I likely have a good gallon to donate, I expect I can likely continually build a stash to donate each month.

About me:
I'm a healthy mom of two boys. I nursed my oldest until he was 15 months old and he decided he was done. My youngest has been exclusively nursed so far, but will likely start solids soon too. I am healthy and would have no problem getting a form from my doctor, though I believe they charge a fee now for paperwork. I may rarely have a small glass of wine, but I don't nurse/pump afterward, and have never smoked. The only caffeine I get is from some Iced Tea, otherwise I gave up caffeine years ago. I take a prenatal vitamin, the only other medicine I've taken on a rare occasion has been Claritin.

About the milk:
I have pumped and stored milk in Lansinoh bags since January. I started freezing them in quantities of 2-3 oz and a couple months ago moved to 4-5 oz bags. They are frozen flat for easy storage and gathered together in a gallon size freezer bag, in case of any leaks. All milk has been stored in my deep freezer. I know we won't be needing this much milk and I would really love to see it go to someone who can use it and will appreciate it. I struggled to keep my supply up for my first son, so I am happy to have this over-supply this time around and hope it can help someone.

MrsHK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down