MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seeking milk, San Antonio and surrounding areas (Houston, Austin ect.. ) willing to pay shipping.

3 posters

Go down

Seeking milk, San Antonio and surrounding areas (Houston, Austin ect.. ) willing to pay shipping. Empty Re: Seeking milk, San Antonio and surrounding areas (Houston, Austin ect.. ) willing to pay shipping.

Post by jklmama Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:36 pm

I am located in Schertz just outside of SA I have 4 mo old twins that were in the NICU for a month so while they were there I pumped every 3 hours. I had so much I was way over what they needed and the hospital told me to stop bringing it in lol. Any way now that they have been home for a while I am 100% nursing and have discovered that they are sensitive to milk proteins so I have since then cut out all the dairy in my diet. That being said I still thought on the random occasion i needed to give them a bottle because I was away from them that they could handle it well i was wrong they are like super sensitive to it now that its not in my diet. So i have about 270 oz in the freezer that I am wanting to donate. If you would like it let me know

jklmama

Back to top Go down

Seeking milk, San Antonio and surrounding areas (Houston, Austin ect.. ) willing to pay shipping. Empty Re: Seeking milk, San Antonio and surrounding areas (Houston, Austin ect.. ) willing to pay shipping.

Post by anderjl101 Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:44 am

I live in San Antonio and have been pumping for my 9 month old daughter since she was born. I have frozen milk I could donate. I am not on any medications, don't smoke, and have 1 or 2 drinks per week but don't pump within 10 hours after drinking. HOWEVER, I am not on a restricted dairy diet, so I am not sure whether my milk would be safe for Ember. If she tolerates BM from someone who consumes dairy, she can have some of my frozen milk and we could discuss a longer term arrangement.

anderjl101

Back to top Go down

Seeking milk, San Antonio and surrounding areas (Houston, Austin ect.. ) willing to pay shipping. Empty Seeking milk, San Antonio and surrounding areas (Houston, Austin ect.. ) willing to pay shipping.

Post by Linda Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:24 pm

hi we are back and still searching for milk, our donor has had supply issues and will no longer be able to donate to us. Below is our story, I would be happy to answer any questions and my previous donor is willing to speak on my daughters behalf. Thank you.

My name is Linda mama to Ember who is now 9 months old and in need of breast milk donation. I was wondering if you would be willing to help my daughter.
Our story has been told a few times on milk share, but since this is a new bored I'll gladly tell it again!
When my first son was born he started dropping weight even though I was nursing all of the time. We when to a lactation consultant and that was when I was diagnosed with Hyperplasia, which is a medical word to say I do not have any breast milk ducts. Its a birth defect that they have no cure for well other than breast implants that fix the shape of the breast but of course do nothing to help with nursing. Our midwife introduced us to a SNS nurser which helped us still "nurse" . I would put formula in a little bag
that was connected to a little tube that would carry the formula from the bag down the tube that was placed by my nipple when my son nursed. It helped give us the nursing relationship and the benefits from it even if we could not have milk. My son however was still continually plagued with problems of poor weight gain; he soon began to have development problems and he was switched from one formula to another... many times. I still have a lot of guilt over this because now at 5 his developmental issues make me wonder.
When I had my second son his problems with formula started from birth, bloody stool, bad skin issues and eczema. We tried every formula we could, till he was diagnosed with a casein allergy.(which i believe was my first son problem but it was never diagnosed) We were blessed to find milk share and many many wonderful moms who pumped and donated for
my son. He is now a healthy plump 3 year old who looks to be growing out of some of his allergies now.
We also came on milk share about a year ago when we found out we were pregnant with number 3. We were hoping to find a donor mom who could help us have milk ready when our baby was born. We found a great mom who we made arrangements with to get milk however we lost our little baby Emerson shortly in to our pregnancy. But are still thankful she was willing to help out and we were able to use the milk with Ember.
We are looking for milk for Ember because the odds say that she has the same allergies as well. We will do allergy testing but she is so young and my doctor would like to wait because she does no think the tests would be accurate at her age. She has been a very sick baby since being born. She was born at 9lbs however with in 2 weeks was down to 6lbs 8oz. She has chronic congestion that makes it hard for her to breath at times.
We have previous donors who would be willing to vouch for us and also to Embers condition (they have seen first hand).
We would be very thank full to find a long term donor but even a one time donation would be helpful.

Would be happy to answer any questions. Thanks
Linda Barnett

Email is : Lmbarnett@gmail.com (in case its needed)

Linda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down