MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone like the old email style better then the new board?

4 posters

Go down

Does anyone like the old email style better then the new board? Empty Does anyone like the old email style better then the new board?

Post by mommyofmany Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:08 pm

This is not meant to complain just to ask others opinions. I am just curious how convenient this has been on the donors having to go to a website to post donations instead of a quick email?
I am trying to obtain lifes perfect food for my upcoming little one to be born and I am worried that I won't be able to find this as easy as it was my last baby. Well not easy but you know what I mean. Smile
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO greatful for this board and for the many WONDERFUL mamas that sacrifice their life to give a gift like this to another lil one. Just wondering how hard it is for them to actually take the time to go to the website and post etc.
It seems a bit more difficult and not as user friendly. it doesn't seem as active as it used to be.

I am hoping just as many babies are getting matched with these precious mama donors as their used to be.

You mamas AMAZE me!!! I don't know how ya do it!!!

Much love,
Michelle

mommyofmany

Back to top Go down

Does anyone like the old email style better then the new board? Empty Re: Does anyone like the old email style better then the new board?

Post by Jaz Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:31 pm

It still doesn't seem as active and it certainly isn't convenient. I leave a tab with the website open on my computer. If I didn't (and I know most people don't leave all sorts of tabs and pages open like I do), I would never come here. Out of site, out of mind. I feel as if this site has not reached whatever minimum # of people on here to maintain a sense of momentum. Plus, it's so mono-subject, unlike the other mom boards I'm on. I mean, yeah, it's an important subject, but there's no real place to talk about our kids, our lives, to moan and complain, talk day care, talk SAHM, talk about work, talk about books, tv, talk about current events, etc etc etc. People come here for one reason and one reason only.

The old way was much easier to be pulled in - check out the subject lines of the email digest, see something that interests you, check it out. Even though there was a lot of emailing back and forth, it still seemed more like a community because there was always someone replying in another post. I liked it better.

Also, when I was donating, I got a lot more responses via the email medium than I have with this website.
Jaz
Jaz

Back to top Go down

Does anyone like the old email style better then the new board? Empty Re: Does anyone like the old email style better then the new board?

Post by bhtimm Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:59 am

The new forum has pros and cons. Pros are that I can access it at my workplace (my email is blocked). Cons are that the old email forum worked much better for turnaround. You could virtually guarantee a potential donor would check their email, but to check this forum is not such a sure thing.

I am editing this to say that I was lucky to hold onto an email from the old forum from a somewhat local (i.e. a 2-hour drive away) donor who had about 1600oz sitting in her deep freezer. I posted on this forum looking for milk about a month and a half ago with very little success. I was SOOO lucky to have held onto that email! What a Face

Last edited by bhtimm on Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

bhtimm

Back to top Go down

Post by mel chris Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:42 am

I tried to join a long time ago but never could when it was in the email format. Odd! So I can't say anything about the differences except that it is easier for me to join and look for people to connect with.

mel chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down