MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tandem nursing and donation

+2
Jodibug
Squeaky McMurdo
6 posters

Go down

Tandem nursing and donation Empty Tandem nursing and donation

Post by Squeaky McMurdo Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:20 pm

I know that it is preferred that a recipient gets milk from a mom who has a baby close to the same age. So I have a question... I tandem nurse my 23 month old and 5 day old daughters. I'm assuming that means my milk is suited to both age groups. Right? Or is it more suited for newborns since the newborn nurses more? (well she does in theory...my 23 month old is all over me since discovering my supply has gone through the roof and over the moon...)

Squeaky McMurdo

Back to top Go down

Tandem nursing and donation Empty Re: Tandem nursing and donation

Post by Jodibug Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:37 pm

My understanding is that the milk is more in line with the needs of the younger child. Kellymom.com is a great resource for all things nursing and they have a great section on tandem nursing as well. http://www.kellymom.com/bf/tandem/index.html

Jodibug

Back to top Go down

Post by mel chris Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:54 pm

I am also tandem nursing (my children are 20 and 6 months.) I think the milk is more 'suited' to our younger babies, but that it's still good for our older children to still drink it too. Smile Especially since you have a newborn, the milk would be awesome right now for someone else who has a newborn and is in need of that milk! Smile

mel chris

Back to top Go down

Post by blessed4x Wed May 05, 2010 9:22 am

No matter the age of the older baby your milk changed during pregnancy to meet the needs of the new baby. Your older baby most likely was receiving colostrum from about the second half of your pregnancy. Its not a problem as long as you make sure your new baby nurses first.

blessed4x

Back to top Go down

Post by g8ratc Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:52 am

God bless you all that have the energy to tandem nurse AND donate! geez! good for you! Thank you from EVERYONE you are helping!

g8ratc

Back to top Go down

Post by Squeaky McMurdo Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:42 pm

Lol, I don't know what else to do with my crazy oversupply Shocked

Squeaky McMurdo

Back to top Go down

Post by krhodes09 Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:31 am

I also am nursing a 23 month old and 6 month old. I have so much milk I am donating and have to pump a ton just to stay comfy. My older one has increased nursing since the baby was born and my supply went through the roof. Some days he only eats one real meal because he nurses so much.

Those of you tandem nursing.
Before the new baby my older one was having normal hard bowel movements. Ever since the day after baby arrived his stools are very soft. Sometimes almost liquid. I think it is because he drinks so much breast milk that is baby breast milk. But I'm not sure. Does anybody else have this experience?

krhodes09

Back to top Go down

Post by Squeaky McMurdo Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:39 am

Yes, my two year old is doing the same thing. She started nursing more when the baby was born, and eats less solids because she fills herself up on milk. Her stools have also changed from being solids to being soft or even liquid.

Squeaky McMurdo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down