MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you willing to ship to Texas?

4 posters

Go down

Are you willing to ship to Texas? Empty Re: Are you willing to ship to Texas?

Post by schristine Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:35 pm

Ok I will be happy to send it to you. Do you have an account with UPS? And also, I need to find out where I can get some dry ice. I have packed milk before, but I was taking it with me on a flight, not sending it, and that was in FL. So, I need to know where I can get a good insulated box and dry ice. Also, I will try to figure out exactly how much I have.

I would be happy to keep sending you what I pump, but lately it isn't much. I stopped taking domperidone a few months ago, and she doesn't nurse as much so my supply has gone down. But I'd rather give it away than dump it!!

You can PM me your info and we can discuss how to pay for the shipping, etc.

Shelly

schristine

Back to top Go down

Post by myblueeyedbabies Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:00 am

Yes that would be great! 200oz shouldn't be too expensive to ship and you're not too far away.
myblueeyedbabies
myblueeyedbabies

Back to top Go down

Are you willing to ship to Texas? Empty milk to donate in KS

Post by schristine Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:58 am

Hi...
I live in KS and I have a small freezer stash that I am really needing to get rid of. My baby is almost 2 and won't take breastmilk from a cup. I have to pump mainly for comfort. I am a nurse and I only work 2 shfts a week, so now I'm not pumping a whole lot, but I have quite a bit that I've pumped over the last several months. I was donating to a local mom who no longer needs milk. I do not take any meds except occasional ibuprofen. I've been tested for Hep B, Hep C and HIV and can provide those results if you wish. I do have a glass of wine with dinner a few times a week, but since I pump at work that shouldn't be a concern.
I don't know exactly how much I have, but I am guessing it's between 200-250 oz. If you would like to have it let me know. I need to get rid of it asap - I'm running out of space!!

Shelly

schristine

Back to top Go down

Post by mainemilk Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:08 pm

if you change your mind, post here again, or even PM me, you never know maybe things will look different in a week or two! I'll X my fingers in the meantime that something local pops up for you! I'll let you know how it goes too, if I get to ship some out, how much it was and stuff. Maybe I'll post it in the success stories forum up there.

good luck!

mainemilk

Back to top Go down

Post by myblueeyedbabies Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:07 am

I've seen the others as well. Since we are so far apart I'm a little reluctant to take it. I'm nervous that it may get lost or delayed or that it may cost a small fortune..lol. I'd so really love to have it, it almost kills me to say go ahead and offer it to another, but you're right every day that passes it gets older and older and the sooner it can get used the better! So *gut wrench* I'm gonna go ahead and say let another baby benefit from your milk. I'm honestly just way too anxious about it (as in literally losing sleep) and I'm afraid I won't actually decide in time if left to think about it. I know you'll find someone else soon! Thanks SO much for the offer, though! I really do appreciate it!
myblueeyedbabies
myblueeyedbabies

Back to top Go down

Post by mainemilk Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:54 am

if you think you only want a smaller portion of my stash or want to try locally first, please let me know soon, I see that there are a few other moms looking for shipped milk and I am anxious to get this out of here before it gets too old. I don't mean to rush you but I'd like to reply to other threads if you think we can't make this work. Of course I'm still be happy to send you whatever quantity you want Smile

mainemilk

Back to top Go down

Post by mainemilk Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:49 am

"Lone Star Overnight provides regional, overnight delivery in Texas, Oklahoma, West Louisiana, South New Mexico and Mexico."

so that wouldn't work since I am in Maine...

this link says too that you can do it without dry ice (especially since its winter) but she also indicates that it's pretty costly.

let me know!

mainemilk

Back to top Go down

Post by myblueeyedbabies Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:08 am

Oh I just read that LoneStar Overnight is way cheaper than the others. She shipped 70lbs for $30. I don't know if LoneStar is only in the south or not, though...
myblueeyedbabies
myblueeyedbabies

Back to top Go down

Post by myblueeyedbabies Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:03 am

Yeah I've read that UPS and FedEX will ship it without a problem. Best way to do it is overnight, in a styrofoam cooler inside a box and pack it with dry ice to keep it frozen. The dry ice will vaporize at a rate of 5-10 pounds in 24 hours so they say to pick it up as late as possible. You'll need to label the box with a "dry ice" label and it's recommended to also put on it "human milk", but you don't have to.

I read somehwere that someone who ships often just put frozen milk in a garbage bag and into a box. She packs about an inch of newspapers or other padding all around the bag to insulate it, then seals it as airtight as possible, thats the key she says. She also says in the winter she never uses the dry ice.

I'm getting alot of different cost estimates. ONe site says 25 pounds will run ABOUT $20, one says $100 for the same weight. Honestly I don't know if I could afford it if it's $100 for 25lbs. Frozen minlk weighs alot..lol. I'm gonna call UPS today and see what they say. I'm starting to think having it shipped may be a little too expensive for me.
myblueeyedbabies
myblueeyedbabies

Back to top Go down

Post by mainemilk Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:07 pm

I'm hoping someone will reply to my new shipping thread, but I think the next step is to buy a cooler. Either you can buy one and send it to me empty or you can figure out what kind you want to use and I can go get one for you.

I don't have an exact figure for you but I'm estimating my stash to be about 1000 oz. So we're probably looking at multiple shipments?

let me know what you've found out and what you wanna do, thanks!

mainemilk

Back to top Go down

Post by myblueeyedbabies Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:13 pm

Congrats on having a good nursing relationship. I wish I'd had that. I never was able to get her to the breast, after having bottles for a little bit in the nursery I guess she decided thats what she wanted. After 3 months of fighting with her many times a day, I just gave up trying.
I'll also look around at how we might do the shipping. We'll come up with something, these women do it all the time here! I'll actually take any amount, I don't even care if it's only 25 oz. Everything will help and it all adds up! Yay I'm excited too!
Nicole
myblueeyedbabies
myblueeyedbabies

Back to top Go down

Post by mainemilk Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:47 pm

I am not on any medications (occasional albuterol inhaler for asthma, I may have used it three or four times during October/November) I was postpartum and therefore not drinking, but I have no diet restrictions, that's good that you don't need to worry about that. I have no health issues and have all my bloodwork and stuff from pregnancy to prove I'm disease free and stuff. I was pumping while my baby was in NICU and she didn't eat at all for the first four weeks, now that she's here we're nursing exclusively and I just can't see ever needing this surplus. I hope we can make this work!

I've never shipped milk before either, so I'll do some research and find out what is involved and get back to you with a quote or something. I'll also do an inventory and let you know just how much I have. I am very excited at the prospect of finding a home for my milk! yay!

mainemilk

Back to top Go down

Post by myblueeyedbabies Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:48 pm

Thank you so much! I am definitely interested! bounce
I'm not sure how all the shipping goes, I've actually never dealt with shipping before, but I'm willing to find out. I'd like a good 90-150 oz or even more if you have it available/to spare. I'd like to get my daughter through another 5-6 months on breastmilk so I'll take whatever I can get however I can get it! And I have a deep freezer to keep it in so it won't go bad before I can use it. Let me know how I can help out and thanks so much!
Nicole

EDIT: I'm not picky about diet at all, milk, chocolate, coffee and even a drink here and there was okay with her when I was able to pump. She has no allergies or sensitivities. Are you on any medications or have any health issues that may effect/cross into the milk? That would be the only question I have really. Otherwise if it's good enough for you to feed your own baby, it's good enough for mine too!
myblueeyedbabies
myblueeyedbabies

Back to top Go down

Post by mainemilk Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:16 pm

I have a pretty large stash in my regular freezer from October and November (baby born in Oct). How much would you want to receive at a time? I'd be happy to send what you want, let me know any questions you have if you are interested!

mainemilk

Back to top Go down

Post by myblueeyedbabies Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:34 am

Okay, thanks.
myblueeyedbabies
myblueeyedbabies

Back to top Go down

Post by mommy of seven Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:36 am

Too bad, we were there for the holidays. I will keep your info and if we go back to visit family again I will let you know.

mommy of seven

Back to top Go down

Are you willing to ship to Texas? Empty Are you willing to ship to Texas?

Post by myblueeyedbabies Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:33 pm

I'm in Houston and I'd love to have more milk for my daughter. We have a wonderful donor mama who can give us about 100 oz per month but more is needed. I'll cover any shipping expenses and even reimburse bags.
myblueeyedbabies
myblueeyedbabies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down