MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taylor with RNC Industries (Temp Controlled Boxes)

+3
khmillis
CoolerTaylor
veggiegymrat
7 posters

Go down

Taylor with RNC Industries (Temp Controlled Boxes) Empty Taylor with RNC Industries (Temp Controlled Boxes)

Post by veggiegymrat Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:43 pm

I just wanted to write a quick note to you ladies about RNC Industries. They make Temp Controlled boxes that come with gel packs-the box can be reused. Great for shipping milk of course! I had an issue with USPS destroying one of the boxes I purchased and Taylor helped me out right away! She is wonderful and I highly recommend working with this company and buying their boxes for your shipments-it's well worth it!

PS You can get the boxes on amazon.com and they make different sizes!
veggiegymrat
veggiegymrat

Back to top Go down

Taylor with RNC Industries (Temp Controlled Boxes) Empty Re: Taylor with RNC Industries (Temp Controlled Boxes)

Post by CoolerTaylor Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:03 pm

Awww Thank you! You're very sweet! We try our best! Very Happy
CoolerTaylor
CoolerTaylor

http://r-n-c-industries.amazonwebstore.com/

Back to top Go down

Taylor with RNC Industries (Temp Controlled Boxes) Empty Re: Taylor with RNC Industries (Temp Controlled Boxes)

Post by khmillis Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:50 am

I just bought one of their boxes and, while I wasn't ridiculously happy with the price (cost almost as much to ship as the straight up price for the box), it seems like it's worked really well. FYI: The 15x15x15 box that we bought holds more than the approx 300 oz I'd read around it would. Unless my addition skills are seriously lacking, it seemed like it would end up holding close to 500 oz instead.
khmillis
khmillis

Back to top Go down

Post by kathy.rosegarden Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:47 pm

Yes, the 15x15x15 holds about 600 oz. when the bags are frozen nice and flat and it is well packed. I felt like the cardboard part of the box wasn't sturdy enough for something as precious as breastmilk. The box I received a shipment in came to me pretty battered up and the box was beginning to tear a bit in the corners. I would try to find a sturdier box. I must say that the milk was still solidly frozen tho' so I think the insulation is excellent!
kathy.rosegarden
kathy.rosegarden

Back to top Go down

Post by khmillis Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:53 pm

Dang! I guess I'll know how much I should plan to save up for next time then, if the same box is used... I tried to tape all of the edges and corners REALLY well, so here's hoping it lasts a good, long while!
khmillis
khmillis

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratedogmama Sun May 02, 2010 10:12 am

This is great information to know! I have a few questions. Are there weight limits on the boxes? I would likely be getting the 15x15x15 one. Do you put dry ice in with the milk or just use the cooling packs? If you just used the cooling packs was it next day delivery or two day delivery? Thanks to anyone who answers. Smile

Piratedogmama

Back to top Go down

Post by watawata Sun May 02, 2010 3:36 pm

Hi,
I have used the 15x15x15 box before. The box came with 2 or 4 ice jel packs (I can't remember...). I've sent somewhere around 450 oz in this box including the ice jel packs (no extra space) via UPS 2-day-air. So, from the time milk was out of deep freezer to the recipient's house was 45 hours or so. I did not put any dry ice. My recipient said some bags' edges were starting to melt a little, but most bags were still pretty frozen. It was sometime in March, so it was not as warm as it is now, though. But I thought the qualify of the box was pretty good. I don't know, but I think you can re-use the box at least 2 or 3 round trips.

Thanks!

watawata

Back to top Go down

Post by veggiegymrat Sun May 02, 2010 5:19 pm

There are no weight limits on the boxes, but the key is to fill it up completely-that assists in the milk not defrosting. So if you need to fill dead space, bubble wrap, brown paper, etc is best. Do NOT use peanuts because the condensation of the bags just makes them fall apart.

I will say that I have been relatively satisfied (I have ordered 4, so spent quite a bit of money on them), but the quality of the box itself is not very good. It is very flimsy-not at all like the brown boxes you usually get. I have only been able to reuse a box once at that was after taping the entire outside with packing tape-it looks like hell but will do the job, LOL.
veggiegymrat
veggiegymrat

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolerTaylor Fri May 07, 2010 10:41 am

Hi Everyone, I would like to answer a few of your questions and comments about the box quality and weight it can hold.

All of the boxes you see on our Amazon store are 32 ECT. This is a standard corrugated rating and it is the same rating that most corrugated boxes are made from, weather white or brown, it is all the same unless noted by the manufacturer. I would recommend not putting more than 40-45 pounds of milk and coolant in one box. If you get more than that in the box, it will weaken the box significantly.

Regarding the issue with flimsy boxes and ripping, we do our best to get the boxes to you in the best shape possible. When you or your donor receives the box it should come wrapped in shrink wrap and tab-taped on the top. It may arrived scuffed, or with a few dents, but this is something we cannot prevent because this has to do with FedEx and their handling, I can assure you that every box that leaves here is in pristine condition.

These boxes have originally been designed for a one time use. We understand that they are expensive, and we hope that they can be used more than once based on your needs, however, that is sometimes not the case due to the fact we cannot control what the shipping company does to the box in transit.

The important thing to remember, and you said it too, that even if the box is in bad shape, it still works. You would not get the same results with a styro cooler because it would have broken with that amount weight in it and the abuse it would have gotten from the shipping company, and you would also not have the ability to ship it two days.

All of this being said, we would like to know, if we were to offer you the ability to purchase some replacement outer boxes, would you be interested? This way you can still use the pad set over and over, and then replace the outer box when one wears out. This will be significantly less expensive for you than having to buy a whole new kit and we can sell them in multiples of 5. Please let me know if you would be interested in this and we can get this started for all of you.

Feel free to email me with questions: taylor@rncind.com
CoolerTaylor
CoolerTaylor

Back to top Go down

Post by kathy.rosegarden Fri May 07, 2010 11:39 am

I would definitely be interested! I really like the great job that the insulation did in keeping the milk cold. It came 2nd day all the way from Wyoming and was still frozen solid! So if I could find boxes to replace the outer shell and save some money I would be very happy! I just couldn't afford to replace the whole thing each time.
kathy.rosegarden
kathy.rosegarden

Back to top Go down

Post by kathy.rosegarden Fri May 07, 2010 11:57 am

I would definitely be interested! I really like the great job that the insulation did in keeping the milk cold. It came 2nd day all the way from Wyoming and was still frozen solid! So if I could find boxes to replace the outer shell and save some money I would be very happy! I just couldn't afford to replace the whole thing each time.
kathy.rosegarden
kathy.rosegarden

Back to top Go down

Post by mcthom Fri May 07, 2010 4:23 pm

I can't find this on Amazon, granted, I'm a little dopey and sleep deprived....Would someone please send me the link and/or the manufacturer's link so I can buy it. And, yes, I would be very interested in the pack of five.

Thanks!

mcthom

Back to top Go down

Taylor with RNC Industries (Temp Controlled Boxes) Empty Replacement Boxes

Post by CoolerTaylor Tue May 11, 2010 10:10 am

Hello Everyone!

I have received positive feedback about purchasing replacement containers. However, we have decided to go a different route. We have decided on changing the box to a double wall box, which can handle more weight and more stress from shipping as opposed to sending you five boxes that you might be able to use twice. As I had said, our regular boxes are great for one or two shipments, but they are not designed for lots of shipments with really heavy weights like 30-40 Pounds. Our hope is that this one double wall box will last for many more shipments than the original box.

In short, we are going to send you replacement double wall boxes to at no cost to you. However, we have to order in the boxes and it may be a week or so before we can get them, and then another 4-5 days to ship them to you from here. We would like to do this for all of the ladies who have ordered boxes for shipping milk and are still using them. These will only be boxes and will not include insulation. The insulation you have will fit properly in the boxes that we will be sending to you.

Here is what I need from all of you:
In a private email (so you are not displaying any private contact information) send me the following:
Your Name
Shipping Address
Contact Phone
Size and Quantity of boxes ordered to be replaced
Feedback After you have used them a few times

I will be verifying through our records that you are asking for the correct quantity and sizes for the boxes you have ordered previously.

Our hope is to only make the shipping experience better for you. Any feedback you can provide us with after you use them a few times will be much appreciated. Also, if you know someone else who is shipping with our boxes and having the same issue, please let them know about this post so we can help them as well. Please let me know if you have any questions, and I will keep you posted on the progress of your new boxes that will be coming your way.

Final note, expect to see the heavier box option on the Amazon store very soon. This way any future boxes that are ordered for milk shipping will be the heavier duty box. I will update all of you when the new milk specific items are listed.

Please let me know if any of you have questions, and you can reach me at:
taylor@rncind.com
CoolerTaylor
CoolerTaylor

Back to top Go down

Post by veggiegymrat Tue May 11, 2010 9:10 pm

thanks Taylor!!! cheers
veggiegymrat
veggiegymrat

Back to top Go down

Post by mcthom Wed May 12, 2010 6:35 pm

Is dry ice a necessity with these boxes for a 2day delivery? And for a smaller shipment, say 300oz, is the 12" or 10" box a better option?

Thanks!

mcthom

Back to top Go down

Post by veggiegymrat Wed May 12, 2010 11:13 pm

You should put dry ice in for a 2 day shipment, especially now that summer is here. I would say the 12x12x12 for 300oz, from my experience.
veggiegymrat
veggiegymrat

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolerTaylor Thu May 13, 2010 8:41 am

Dry ice is not required, but recommended. If there are any issues with shipping, it gives you extra security for any delays that may occur.
CoolerTaylor
CoolerTaylor

Back to top Go down

Post by mcthom Mon May 17, 2010 11:50 am

Thanks, this helps a lot. I'm eager for those new boxes!

mcthom

Back to top Go down

Taylor with RNC Industries (Temp Controlled Boxes) Empty They're Here!!!

Post by CoolerTaylor Mon May 17, 2010 2:35 pm

The New Double Wall boxes arrived today! I will be shipping out replacement boxes tomorrow. I have also listed two new items on the web store!

You have the option of buying the standard quality box or heavy duty for multiple shipments. Click below to see both.

Control Temp Packaging 12"X12"X12" Milk Shipper

Control Temp Packaging 15"X15"X15" Milk Shipper

Please send me an email if you have any questions! Taylor@rncind.com
CoolerTaylor
CoolerTaylor

Back to top Go down

Post by mcthom Mon May 17, 2010 4:00 pm

Yikes! I just ordered the regular 15" today!! Taylor - can I somehow change my order with Amazon or through you?

mcthom

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolerTaylor Tue May 18, 2010 7:53 am

Yes! I will be glad to change that, no problem!

Everyone, Please be sure in the future you specifically request which weight box weight you would like to order. If you make a mistake, let me know as soon as possible. Chances are if I have not gotten the message by 10AM EST time I will NOT be able to change the order.
CoolerTaylor
CoolerTaylor

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolerTaylor Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:01 am

UPDATE:

We no longer offer the "light duty" 15"X15"X15" box and only offer the heavy duty box. You can find these specific items at the following links:

12"x12"X12" Milk Shipper

15"X15"X15" Milk Shipper

I also would like some feedback on how the new box is working for all of you. Thank you for your help!
CoolerTaylor
CoolerTaylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down