MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edmonton Alberta mom looking to donate!

2 posters

Go down

Edmonton Alberta mom looking to donate! Empty Milk Donation

Post by mommy4baby Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:36 am

Hello:

I am in the Edmonton area and wondered if you still had milk to donate? i am a single mom and do not produce enough for my son. I am hoping to supplement for a few months.

mommy4baby

Back to top Go down

Edmonton Alberta mom looking to donate! Empty Edmonton Alberta mom looking to donate!

Post by sammi2884 Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:43 am

Hello,

I live in Edmonton, AB and I am 22. I just had my first daughter on Christmas day this year and I am in love! I am a strong believer in the benefits of breastmilk vs. formula and I am able to pump about 4 oz per day easily while still feeding my daughter. I have a freezer stash of about 50-60oz that I will not be able to use before the expiry date in June. I do not take any medications, I am a non smoker, do not drink or do any drugs.

I am not certain of the requirements of donating breastmilk safely but I am more than willing to get bloodtests and produce paperwork showing that I have no communicable diseases. I do have asthma, but do not take any medications for it as it has been under control for years. I did have an eating disorder that I am recovered from now and I previously took antidepressants/anti anxiety medications but have not taken them in over a year.

My labour and delivery was amazing and smooth and I had a perfect pregnancy with the exception of being GBS positive.

I have been married to my husband for a little over 4 years now (as of January!) and we were married when I was 18 and he was 19. We were highschool sweethearts, we live in Edmonton with two chihuahua's that we have had for about 4 years now. Please feel free to ask any questions you would like. I chose to share most of my life story because I feel that donating breastmilk is a very special thing, and I feel that if I were to seek donations of breastmilk, I would like to know who it came from Smile

sammi2884

Back to top Go down