MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Praying for milk in Annapolis, Md...3rd baby boy finally here!!!

4 posters

Go down

Praying for milk in Annapolis, Md...3rd baby boy finally here!!! Empty Re: Praying for milk in Annapolis, Md...3rd baby boy finally here!!!

Post by sheisme44 Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:20 am

I can help! I don't have much frozen, however, I have plenty of it fresh. Please let me know

sheisme44

Back to top Go down

Praying for milk in Annapolis, Md...3rd baby boy finally here!!! Empty Re: Praying for milk in Annapolis, Md...3rd baby boy finally here!!!

Post by Whalegal22 Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:47 pm

Hi I live in Annapolis and have a little over 200 oz of milk available. We just found out my two month old has a milk protein allergy and can't touch the 200 oz I've frozen for a year or more and I don't have the freezer space to store it nor would I trust giving it a year later. I would hate to throw it away. My milk has been frozen in the target brand and medella brand milk bags that were also placed in a tuperware container and at the bottom of the freezer. Please note: I had thrush the first 3 days in the hospital and treated with 10 days of candid cream. However I didn't start freezing milk till one week after treatment and my son never got it. Also I am on methyl dopa for hypertension (high blood pressure), Zyrtec, and Zantac in addition to the normal prenatal vitamins. Other than that I've had no major illness, no blood transfusions, and blood work was normal. Please let me know if you are interested. Thanks.

Whalegal22

Back to top Go down

Post by adbbroughton Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:52 pm

Hi,
I live in Annapolis and am exclusively pumping for my 5 month old son. I was heartbroken when nursing directly didn't work out for us, and I would love to see some good come of this disappointing situation. I've got a great supply and have nearly filled my freezer and a small deep freeze. We're running out of space to store my milk and I would love to be able to share some of my abundance with another baby. I am happy to provide any type of references and information you would need. You have more experience than I do with this...so please just let me know if and how you would like to proceed.

Thank you,
Alexa

adbbroughton

Back to top Go down

Praying for milk in Annapolis, Md...3rd baby boy finally here!!! Empty Praying for milk in Annapolis, Md...3rd baby boy finally here!!!

Post by Laura Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:25 pm

Once again, I am rejoining the wonderful mamas of Milkshare! On Valentine's Day, my hubby and I welcomed our 3rd son, Jacob, into our family!
A little history...I had a breast reduction before marriage and kids. Hindsight is certainly 20-20, as I had no idea how that decision would impact my future ability (or inability) to nurture my children via breastfeeding. My ability to lactate is fairly impaired, and it's necessary to supplement my children. I nurse, and supplement at the breast with the lact-aid SNS.
My 1st son Fox was supplemented with formula. The poor little guy had awful reflux, diarrhea, and excema until he was weaned off of the formula at a year of age. I continued to "nurse" until he was 19 months old.
My 2nd son, Jordan, was supplemented with donor breastmilk! Thanks to Milkshare, he was exclusively breastfed through his 1st year of life! Because of a wonderful friend's generousity, he even continued to receive some breastmilk past a year of age (she believed in the importance of nursing a toddler, and had plenty to share!). Jordan didn't suffer any of the same icky issues that plagued his big brother Fox.
Here we are for round 3! Jacob is 5 weeks old today, and he's been lucky enough to have breastmilk thus far. A few friends of mine were generous to share milk with me ahead of time, and I had my deep freezer stocked. Alas, I have reached the bottom of the freezer, and it is time to post on Milkshare. I'm so glad I was prepared and had milk ahead of time. My hubby is out-of-state for 3 months, training for a new federal job. Taking care of 3 little boys on my own has been challenging, but oh-so-rewarding!
My husband and I believe in the importance of breastmilk for our little ones, and we pray that we'll be able to garner the same support we experienced with our last son. So many of the mamas here have blessed our family immensely! Many of Jordan's donors (my 2nd son) became wonderful friends. I am sure they would provide references for us if requested. I always provide donors with milk storage (freezer) bags, and anything else you require in order to share/pump for my little one. I also have an extra Medela Pump in Style Advance that I'd be willing to share with a mom that's will to share with us!
Thankyou for taking the time to consider sharing with our family. My little guy and I are so grateful!

Laura

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down