MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seeking breastmilk in NoVA

2 posters

Go down

Seeking breastmilk in NoVA Empty Re: Seeking breastmilk in NoVA

Post by RealMylk Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:39 pm

Hi Elizabeth, I hope I am not too late in responding!

I am so glad to hear you were a Pumping Champ while your baby was in the hospital. I don't know how long it takes to build up milk when 2 months premature, but I'm glad it worked for you!

Yes, I could definitely use milk. Right now, I have 2 wks. My baby is due next Thursday and since labor with my first was 4.5 hours we are sticking real close to home in case I go into labor. In the meantime, do you have medical records available? Can I pickup your donation after the baby is born... but before Christmas?

Thank you.

RealMylk

Back to top Go down

Post by echobanzada Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:37 am

Good afternoon!

I'm wondering if you've gotten a response to your post above. My son was born two months early and spend almost a month in the NICU at Virginia Hospital Center in Arlington. During that time I was a pumping champ! He was released a week ago along with a huge supply of frozen milk the hospital was storing for me. I found this website today in hopes that I would be able to donate a majority of what I have because I dont think I'll ever be able to use all of it.

Please let me know! I can give you more information if need be.

thanks Smile

Elizabeth

echobanzada

Back to top Go down

Seeking breastmilk in NoVA Empty Seeking breastmilk in NoVA

Post by RealMylk Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:06 pm

I am seeking breastmilk for my second soon-to-be-born baby. I would like to have donor milk before baby arrives so I can focus on baby and building my supply up. I likely have IGT and it took me 6 wks to build up my supply to produce 50% of my first baby's need. I expect this to happen with DC#2 based on the expert consultation I received along with an IGT/low-milk-supply support group.

I do not want to travel far from NoVA until the baby is born. Primarily, because I have to hand express/pump colostrum and need to be careful not to cause pre-term labor. My first baby was born in 4.5 hrs... and my 2nd one will likely be faster... so, I need to stay close to home.

So, what am I doing to build my supply up for DC#2? Alot: I have been on prog cream/herbs for glandular tissue during pregnancy. Now, I'm starting goats rue for the same reason. I will hand express colostrum before baby arrives. And, when baby is born I will be on several herbs/etc, use SNS, plus pumping around the clock. I had to pump every 2 hrs w/ DC#1. My goal is 6 wks... taking one day at a time... but hoping to pump as many months as I can for DC#2. It will take weeks to build-up a supply since my milk was practically zippo just after DC#1 was born... which is why I am looking for donations before baby arrives. Medical records during pregnancy would be nice to see, too. I am du in ~4 wks.

RealMylk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down