MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tampa: Milk for Donation possible ongoing supply..

3 posters

Go down

Tampa: Milk for Donation possible ongoing supply.. Empty Re: Tampa: Milk for Donation possible ongoing supply..

Post by annirese Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:57 pm

Do you still have milk to donate? We live near Temple Terrace and my husband and I are adopting our daughter who is due in 3 weeks! I am not able to breast feed, but would LOVE for her to have breast milk.

annirese

Back to top Go down

Tampa: Milk for Donation possible ongoing supply.. Empty Re: Tampa: Milk for Donation possible ongoing supply..

Post by julialroberts Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:31 pm

We used to live in Dunedin. Smile I still have local friends that could pick up for me, or I can arrange to have a cooler sent to you to send back to me. I'm most interested in it being low/no dairy.

julialroberts

Back to top Go down

Tampa: Milk for Donation possible ongoing supply.. Empty Tampa: Milk for Donation possible ongoing supply..

Post by kariliza Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:07 pm

Hello Mamas,

I am 37 yo Mother of 2. I had a baby in early April 2012 and recently returned to work and have found I pump more than I need. Appox 8oz surplus a day. My daughter is 4 months old, exculsivly BF and a very chubby 20lbs already ! Her PCP jokes I should bottle and sell my milk as she has gained so much so quickly. So far, I have appox 50oz of frozen milk dating back to mid July 2012 that was frozen immediatly - stored in 4oz "drop-ins" that were frozen with caps on then stored in ziplock bags without the caps (so the surface of the milk is exposed but they are in double ziplock gallon bag). They should be placed in a Playtex drop-in nurser or transferred to another vessel to de-freeze or warm)

Also, I pump 2x a day and currently get appox 8oz a extra a day that my daughter doesnt consume which I would be willing to bag in whatever container is preffered/provided -to donate until I stop pumping ( hopefully next April) or until her demands change.

I have lab paperwork from my midwife at Labor of Love Birthing Center in Lutz confirming I am NEGATIVE for : HIV 1/2, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphillis & Hepatitis B that I would be happy to show to recipient. I am not on any medications except OTC Tylenol or Motrin for occasional headaches. I still take a pre-natal vitamin, 2000mg fish oil, and 5000 iu vitamin D daily. I do NOT eat red meat, white meat nor poultry and I am cutting out dairy. I do eat fish and multiple soy products.

PLEASE NOTE; DISCLOSURE:
I have noticed on most Breastmilk donation websites that the screening questions to be eligible to donate include asking if I have had acupuncture recently and if i have lived in the United Kingdom between 1980-1996.

I did have acupuncture at Acupuncture and Natural Therapies in Carrolwood in early April at the reccomendation of my midwife to induce labor, which allowed me to have a drug free natural waterbirth I wanted.

Also, I was born and raised in England. I moved here in 1990 when I was 15. I have been told that people who lived in England 1980-1996 are screened-out due to a concern of having "mad-cow" disease or Bovine spongiform encephalopathy. This does NOT mean that I or my milk have BSE, simply b/c I lived in England. Just that there is a slim chance that I could have it, IF I ate contaminated meat during that time in England. Per, Wikipedia, at this time only 5 cases a year are reported as a result of the 1980-1996 meat.
I would like to note that at 12yrs. old I stopped eating red-meat and don't ever recall eating beef on the bone prior to that. (I believe BSE is mostly transmitted through meat cuts close to the bone like a T-Bone steak.) I understand that this does pose an ,albeit very slim, risk which a potential recipient would have to weigh - as with the other risks of recieving from any donor.

I feel awful wasting my extra milk, so thought I should post as a donor and disclose my info re: those two screeing quetions and let Mamas looking for milk decide.

If you are interested in my donation please reply/messg me. I would like to find someone in Tampa area who I could easily meet to give the milk to- perhaps once a week or every two weeks. I live in New Tampa where I could meet on weekend or in Temple Terrace where I work M-F.

Thanks!
and good luck mamas!

Karina Smile

Last edited by kariliza on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:51 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : wanted to be notified on replies/add information.)

kariliza

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down