MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SMA baby NEEDS breast milk!!!

Go down

SMA baby NEEDS breast milk!!! Empty SMA baby NEEDS breast milk!!!

Post by jaeliesmiracle Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:15 pm

Hi!

My name is Melissa and my daughters name is Jaelie. She is 15 months old and was born with a genetic disease called Spinal Muscular Atrophy Type 1. SMA affects muscles used for sitting, crawling, and walking. Jaelie has never even been able to hold her own head up. SMA also affects more important muscles used for swallowing and breathing! For this reason Jaelie has a G-Tube surgically placed for her to be able to eat SAFELY! I have been talking to other moms in the SMA community and most have found great success with breast milk in regards to making our kids stronger! Breast milk has actually been found to have Stem Cells in it! Stem Cell treatments are very expensive and currentyl only available overseas for SMA. I really hope SOMEONE can find it in their heart to donate their precious gift to my Jaelie so that she can live a longer, healthier life. Our family greatly appreciates ANY and ALL help! We live in Florida but I just received an overnight shipment of breast milk stored in a cooler with 5 pounds of dry ice and the milk did NOT thaw AT ALL! What a blessing! There is NO CURE for SMA so any little bit HELPS!

Stay BLESSED,
Melissa & Jaelie

meljae0409@gmail.com

jaeliesmiracle

Back to top Go down