MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Here - No Supply for 7 month old due to pregnancy

2 posters

Go down

New Here - No Supply for 7 month old due to pregnancy Empty Re: New Here - No Supply for 7 month old due to pregnancy

Post by bravesfan425 Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:35 pm

I'm in Centreville on weekends - I have about 50-60 oz. extra stored right now that I've pumped for my 7.5-month-old son. If you can pick it up and just give me a box of Medela storage bags, it's yours! And feel free to bring your daughter by, too - I'm sure they'd have fun together Smile

bravesfan425

Back to top Go down

New Here - No Supply for 7 month old due to pregnancy Empty New Here - No Supply for 7 month old due to pregnancy

Post by ACsLady Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:14 pm

Hello everyone,

I just realised the other day that I have practically no supply. I was without my baby for the whole day for the first time and though I had a pump, didn't get the chance to use it. I didn't even get uncomfortable, let alone engorged. I can pump less than an ounce from each side a day (I don't use the pump regularly at all except lately to help increase demand). My daughter is 7.5 months old and has been breastfed exclusively from birth. She's been losing weight since I got pregnant (she was 4.5 months), but I thought it was just due to the change in the taste of my milk, me not being able to eat and drink enough due to morning sickness, her growing up and getting more easily distracted by nursing...a whole list of things. I figured we could get through it and I've kept nursing her on demand as always, but it's not helping even with her nursing nonstop while she's awake. I found out today that when a woman starts to dry up during pregnancy it's not likely that she'll get her supply back. I've been so stressed because of her weight loss and not knowing what to do. I'm trying all I can to up my supply, but in the meantime and in the event that it just doesn't come back before the new baby she needs something. I want so desperately to avoid formula, but I'm running out of time before I'm forced to resort to it. After doing the research, there really aren't any good options but breastmilk and formula for her age.

If anyone can help me out I'd greatly appreciate it. I have no experience with milk donations, so please be patient with me. I'm happy to negotiate forms of reimbursement and discuss all the details with anyone that might be able to help.

ACsLady

Back to top Go down