MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

25 oz to share, every 2-3 weeks

3 posters

Go down

25 oz to share, every 2-3 weeks Empty Re: 25 oz to share, every 2-3 weeks

Post by 4EllaRP Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:34 pm

Hello - I am definitely interested! I live in Seattle but will take care of shipping costs and supplies. Please let me know if you have any to donate. My daughter is not doing well with formula and I have very low milk supply even with herbal galactalogues and extra pumping.
thank you!
hazel 206-234-7029

4EllaRP

Back to top Go down

Post by wschindler Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:19 pm

Hello! I have twin 4 month old daughters and cannot keep up with them although they nurse all day. I would love and appreciate any donation you could give. I live in NE PDX. Feel free to contact me so that we can talk-503-201-2124 Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!

Wendy

wschindler

Back to top Go down

25 oz to share, every 2-3 weeks Empty 25 oz to share, every 2-3 weeks

Post by PDXmama Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:09 pm

I posted a couple weeks ago looking for a pump donation so that I could donate milk. I got a pump and now I have 25 oz for donation, and my plan is to pump enough to get approximately 25 oz every 2-3 weeks. 25 oz is filling the space I have in my freezer, so I've decided to post to see if anyone is interested in the current 25 oz with more to follow.

My little girl is 3 months old, growing strong. I delivered and did my prenatal care with the OHSU midwives. OHSU has an electronic medical record thing (MyChart), and I just looked up what it contains about my pregnancy bloodwork: last April, tested for HIV1,2, Hep B and Hep C, all of which were negative, and August, tested again for Hep C, which was negative. I'm not sure if they tested for HIV1, 2 and Hep B again in August but just didn't give the results electronically vs. whether they don't typically re-test for those?? I would need to call the midwives to find out, unless someone on here knows what's typical for pregnancy bloodwork. If you wanted more recent bloodwork, I'd hope to get any possible co-pays covered by you for that -- I'm not sure whether I'd have a co-pay or not -- I might be able to get it done and completely covered by insurance.

I would be totally willing to fill out a donation agreement form like the one on the main MilkShare page. I'm willing to answer personal questions in general. And I'm willing to get copies of the bloodwork results so you can be sure of the results. In return, I would like to meet in real life -- perhaps meet up for something like a walk at someplace like the waterfront, or perhaps meet at some baby event in town, like the Book Babies groups at the public libraries -- you want to be sure my breastmilk is safe, and I want to be sure it's going to an actual baby. In some of my original research on milk sharing, I came across one of those sites where ladies sell their milk and it's made me a bit paranoid about milk re-selling and dudes with fetishes.

Based on the form, the red flags I think I might raise are: I get cold sores about once a year, I get the occasional vaginal yeast infection, we had a bout of mastitis followed by thrush during the first couple months (not in the milk I'm pumping now), and I eat kind of a lot of sugar, probably 4 servings a day of stuff that's sugary -- a bowl of vanilla ice cream, several squares of 80% dark chocolate, one or two granola/Nutrigrain bars and a Brown Cow yogurt is a typical daily sugar intake for me. I do not drink any soda, no coffee, no alcohol, no smoking -- the daily bowl of ice cream, and a weakness for a big chocolate chip cookie or peanut M&M's, when we are out and about is my only vice! I also eat plenty of servings of really healthy stuff -- whole grains, green vegetables, fresh fruit. We can discuss in more detail and/or through the form, but I just wanted to give a heads up on the possible issues.

PDXmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down