MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for donated pump to help me share milk

2 posters

Go down

Looking for donated pump to help me share milk Empty Re: Looking for donated pump to help me share milk

Post by PDXmama Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:18 am

I have a pump from a generous soul who responded to my Craigslist post on this. I've started pumping. I'm only pumping once a day, and I get about 1.5 oz. I've got about 10 oz so far for donation. I am definitely open to donating to your little girl, but you'll probably need some other donors, too, since I won't have much for you at a time?

PDXmama

Back to top Go down

Looking for donated pump to help me share milk Empty Re: Looking for donated pump to help me share milk

Post by Lumen Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:25 am

hi there---i have a pump that is in next to new condition, i pumped for a bit but never got a decent enough supply to make it worthwhile. i would be interested in perhaps loaning it out if you would be willing to pass along your surplus for my baby girl. I have had to depend on donations to get her the breastmilk that she needs. she had surgery at her 2 week birthday for mal rotation of her intestines. she was very very sick until the surgery and then couldnt eat for about a week and a half after the surgery while we waited for her bowels to wake up. She was given donor bank milk in the NICU and then i had a friend who happened to have a huge surplus in her freezer that she passed along to me. my little girl has now been on BM since birth and up to date, she is almost 4 months old. i have had to put her on formula mostly, the last week or so and her belly is so upset with it. she has been really constipated and not really all that interested in eating well. I found a gal in vancouver who graciously donated about 100 ozs today but i need to find another source for when this batch runs out. Let me know what you think and if you are still interested. It is very cool of you to donate to those of us that dont have a supply. I love the milk banks, they were a life saver inthe NICU but out of the hospital milk costs 3-8$ and oz, clearly not within my budget, i hav ebeen on maternity/FMLA leave for almost 4 months now. I am going back to work in a week, though i have found so many great, amazing women here on local forums, it seem slike hiway robbery to pay what they are asking for such a resource. what a conundrum. Smile

Lumen

Back to top Go down

Looking for donated pump to help me share milk Empty Looking for donated pump to help me share milk

Post by PDXmama Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:55 am

I am looking for a donated electric pump or use of an electric pump for a couple months, so that I can donate breast milk to Zenana's milk donation depot which is a drop-off location for the highly accredited Mother's Milk Bank of California and/or so I can donate to a local baby in Portland.

I am exclusively breastfeeding my 3-month-old after a rocky start during her first few weeks, which involved having to supplement with formula. It was the most difficult time in my life and heart-wrenching when we had to give her formula instead of breastmilk. Now, we are doing great, and she is in the 75th percentile of weight gain. So I want to help other moms and babies by donating. But I need a pump to do it!

My plan, with the help of someone else who has a pump I could use for a couple months, is to pump at least 120 ounces over the next few months. If you don't want your pump back after a couple months, and if I'm ready to stop pumping for donation at that point, I will donate your pump -- to another mom who wants to donate milk or to a needy mom who can't afford a pump and needs to go back to work.

I have a freezer stash from when we had to rent a hospital-grade pump during our rocky start -- we use that stash to give her a bottle once a week to give me a break -- also, I'm not working currently. So I don't currently need a pump for us. If I get a job and need to start pumping more seriously at work/in preparation for working, I'll be buying a new pump to make sure I have the best system for frequent long-term pumping. I will only be using your pump to pump milk to donate.

I'm willing to discuss at length and work out a plan with a serious potential pump donor, including hanging out, getting coffee, etc., if you want to be confident I'm not running a scam and am for real (an online article opened my eyes to it really being liquid gold because it looks like there is scammy stuff out there). If I get more than one interested potential donor, maybe we can all get together and go to the folks who are forming the Northwest Mother's Milk Bank and work on some sort of official and larger scale pump donation system for Portland moms who want to donate milk but don't have pumps.

PDXmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down