MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking to donate- have 50-60ozs plus app 10ozs each day towards donation stash

3 posters

Go down

Looking to donate- have 50-60ozs plus app 10ozs each day towards donation stash Empty Live In Seminole

Post by linds55 Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:37 pm

I am interested in any milk that you have extra. My daughter is almost 9 months and has a severe allergy to formula. We are very low on breast milk and in desperate need of more. I was unable to produce breast milk after months of trying, which has been an emotional battle. I am really hoping to find a Mom local to get milk from because of the allergic reaction she is having. We have tried every formula even making my own. We would love any milk that you can offer. I live in Seminole but my Mom is in St. Pete. Thank You so much!

linds55

Back to top Go down

Looking to donate- have 50-60ozs plus app 10ozs each day towards donation stash Empty Re: Looking to donate- have 50-60ozs plus app 10ozs each day towards donation stash

Post by MommaML Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:22 pm

Hi mama! I am very intrested in becoming a long term milky match! I suffer from IGT and am physically unable to produce enough milk to meet the needs of my son, Charlie. I live in melbourne but would be happy to travel to you for pickup.

MommaML

Back to top Go down

Looking to donate- have 50-60ozs plus app 10ozs each day towards donation stash Empty Looking to donate- have 50-60ozs plus app 10ozs each day towards donation stash

Post by flyingfree2012 Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:32 pm

Hello, I would like to donate. We have a 3month old daughter that I exclusively breastfeed. She has Cystic Fibrosis and so I am well aware the precious value of breastmilk. I currently have about 50-60ozs to donate and I would like to build a relationship with a family/families to help meet the needs of another child/children. I currently have about 10ozs per day of "regular" breastmilk extra. That is extra beyond 2 things- 1) the milk that I would keep/freeze for my stash, and 2) the milk that I pump exclusively for the purpose of refrigerating and then skimming the cream off the top to add to my daughter's bottles to have more fat.

I want to clarify though that I ONLY do the extra fat adding because CF babies do not absorb fat properly and our daughter fights to gain every ounce. Her CF doctors thought this was a great way to add fat without increasing volume. I am going in the next week or so to get a creamatocrit test done one my milk in 3 ways- 1 is testing the hind and foremilk separately, 1 is testing a mixture and the 3rd is testing a bottle of only hindmilk (pumped separately) with cream added in. that will tell us calories per ounce, fat content,etc. I would be happy to share this info.

I will only be donating the "regular" milk (normally pumped fore and hindmilk mix). I will not donating the "skim" milk (that is what I call the milk that is leftover after I skim the first rise of cream off). However, if you would be interested in it, I would be willing to donate that as well. (You may want to wait until the creamatocrit to see what the calories and fat content is on the "skim" milk before deciding or you may want it to mix with other milk and still others may want to use it to mix with formula for supplementing instead of using water to mix it).

The 50-60ozs is "regular" milk. I mark all milk separately/label it so I am certain of what is what.

About me- I do not smoke, I do not drink (at all other than 1 drink each christmas at our family get together) and no medications other than Armour Thyroid which is cleared by all of my daughter's doctors and mine. I have my prenatal tests showing I am HIV neg and all the other tests (hepatitis,etC). I eat a very good diet, mostly organic, VERY little processed food and only small amounts of dairy because I am lactose intolerant. I am almost completely Gluten free again as well and should be within the next 2 weeks we are just waiting for my daughter's challenge test results before I go 100% again. Please feel free to ask any other questions. I would love to have an ongoing donating relationship because I am so thankful for how well my breastmilk has helped our daughter. She is THRIVING against the odds of Cystic Fibrosis- especially despite the digestive issues she has from CF and her almost completely non functioning pancreas- she is currently 25 & 3/4" and 12lbs 9ozs at 3months exactly (today).
I would even be willing to increase my pumping in order to help someone in need. I am a stay at home mom so I have the freedom to pump whenever.
I hope I can be of some assistance to another precious angel or 2!

I am in Florida in the St petersburg/Tampa bay area I am willing to ship as well.

flyingfree2012

Back to top Go down

Looking to donate- have 50-60ozs plus app 10ozs each day towards donation stash Empty Re: Looking to donate- have 50-60ozs plus app 10ozs each day towards donation stash

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down