MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donor in Newport, OR

3 posters

Go down

Donor in Newport, OR Empty micropreemie, low supply

Post by mamac Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:00 am

Hello, I am so appreciative of milk donors. My daughter is eight months now, but was over 3 months premature. I am able to supply about a third to a half of the milk she needs. Our pediatrician switched her formula last month and her rate of weight gain has dropped by about 30%. She was on the low end of the weight gain to begin with. We have been trying different options to help with her reflux and get her to consume at least a minimal amount of calories. She really likes breast milk, so I am hoping to find a dedicated donor, but am willing to accept what we can get. I could travel to Newport to pick up milk or meet you near Happy Valley. We live in Beaverton and I am willing to pay for pumping bags and other supplies as needed. Thank you for considering us.

Christie

mamac

Back to top Go down

Donor in Newport, OR Empty Re: Donor in Newport, OR

Post by kraymond Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:07 am

Hi, thank you for posting! If you haven't found someone more local to donate to, I would love to be considered. I have a six month old daughter Clara. I had intended on exclusively nursing her, but there were issues for both her and I. She was born with a condition that makes it uncomfortable for her to nurse, and I am dealing with a low milk supply. Even with supplements, power pumping, and even domperidone, I only make a few ounces a day. After multiple visits with several lactation consultants, we finally accepted that nursing just wasn't in the cards for us. For her first five months, I was supplementing with formula (ick!) until I found this wonderful site! We've been lucky to receive a few weeks of donated milk, and I'm hoping I can keep her on donated milk as long as possible. We live in Pierce County, WA, but Portland is only about a 90 minute drive, so that would be a great meeting spot. I'm happy to provide bags (I would order from Amazon and have sent right to you) as well as reimburse any other expenses. Please let me know if you'd like to talk further. I can also be reached directly at kassandra_raymond@hotmail.com. Thank you! Kassandra & Clara

kraymond

Back to top Go down

Donor in Newport, OR Empty Donor in Newport, OR

Post by acat Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:23 pm

I am mom to 6 beautiful children. I have a set of triplets that I breast fed until they were two years old (mostly my own milk but also used donor milk that I received through milkshare when they were between 4 months thru 9 months old). They are now three (healthy and happy btw) and I am nursing our last bundle of love who is now 10 months old. I wanted "pay it forward" since I am only nursing one baby now instead of three and could pump for a mom in need. I do not have a freezer stash at this point since my baby doesn't take bottles but I would happily start pumping and freezing for a mom if you need it. I do drive up to Portland every 6-8 wks to visit friends and would be willing to meet you near Happy Valley to deliver it.

About me:
College graduate with a Bach of Science in Nursing (now a stay at home mom)
Married
6 children
No alcohol, drugs (otc or prescription), eat mostly vegan and vegetarian, organic whenever possible, no caffeine and VERY low dairy (I only drink soy milk if I drink milk at all). I also eat very few carbs. Non-smoker.
I would consider dietary changes like avoiding or restricting gluten or certain foods if needed.

You would have to supply the freezer bags although I do have some to start.

Please contact me if you are interested or have any other questions.

acat

Back to top Go down

Donor in Newport, OR Empty Re: Donor in Newport, OR

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down