MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dairy-free, soy-free, 120 oz, extra lipase enzyme

Go down

Dairy-free, soy-free, 120 oz, extra lipase enzyme Empty Dairy-free, soy-free, 120 oz, extra lipase enzyme

Post by Owlmama Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:47 am

I have 120 oz in my freezer from late May through the beginning of July. My son was 3 months in the beginning of June (so the stash is from when he was almost 4 months-5 months). A few bags are from August.
I was pumping every morning to start a stash for when I went back to work in September, unfortunately my son has complete bottle refusal and will only nurse, not even take a sippy cup yet (he is 8.5 months). I am able to pump and keep up with his demand.

My milk also has the extra lipase enzyme, which is found in regular milk, but in mine makes it smell off, like "fishy". My son always drank it (back when he took a bottle) with no problem. You can research the enzyme on kellymom.com, or on baby center.com, in their breastfeeding support group. A lot of moms have it, it would require me to have scalded the milk before freezing it, but I didn't know I had it until too late. The bags from August are scalded and therefore do not smell.

I am a healthy 35 y/o, no smoking, drugs, or alcohol. I teach elementary art and am in a committed monogamous marriage.

I've also read that if you were to mix this milk in with regular smelling milk it masks the smell. I read that's what milk banks do. So if no one wants it, I will donate it there. I just thought because it was dairy and soy free, someone may want to try it.

I am in Suffolk County, Long Island, NY.

I've never donated milk before and am not sure about shipping, but am willing to try. If someone just wants to try a bag to see if your little one will drink it I am open to that too.

Thanks and much luck on your search! Good for you mamas who are providing their babies with the best in nutrition! Very Happy

Janis

Last edited by Owlmama on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:32 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Oz in title)

Owlmama

Back to top Go down