MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do I get myself tested for when it comes to diseases ? I plan to become a donor .

3 posters

Go down

What do I get myself tested for when it comes to diseases ? I plan to become a donor .  Empty What do I get myself tested for when it comes to diseases ? I plan to become a donor .

Post by 4kidstobe Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:35 pm

I am currently pregnant and have already been tested for a few diseases as standard procedure at my OB office. I've been tested for H.I.V. , Heb B , Syphillis,gonareah/clamidea (sp?) and of course it was all negative :- ) . My question is are there specific diseases that recipients want the Donor to be tested for ?

If there are certain ones I haven't gotten tested for yet, I'd like to do so while i'm still covered under my insurance, so I don't have to pay out of pocket later on,when I do start donating. I am 5 months pregnant but plan to become a donor within 1-2months after my baby is born. I have 3 older kids,and was a over producer with them when they breastfed. I didn't donate with any of them becuase I don't think eats on feets or milkshare existed ? it was 6-14 yrs ago . I do remember asking my hospital after I delivered my last two babies,and I got looked at like I had two heads the nurse I asked ,acted like she didn't know what I was talking about and said she didn't know of ANY milk banks. That was when i was aware of milk banks,but not private donation.
I will be looking forward to doing private milk donation (not through a bank) starting in November ;- ) and woudl like to have proof that my milk is "clean' from certain diseases.

4kidstobe

Back to top Go down

What do I get myself tested for when it comes to diseases ? I plan to become a donor .  Empty Re: What do I get myself tested for when it comes to diseases ? I plan to become a donor .

Post by ReachtotheStars Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:33 am

When my baby was born and I told them I wanted to breastfeed they did a full spectrum blood test and a pap for STI & HIV.
ReachtotheStars
ReachtotheStars

Back to top Go down

What do I get myself tested for when it comes to diseases ? I plan to become a donor .  Empty Re: What do I get myself tested for when it comes to diseases ? I plan to become a donor .

Post by Barbara Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:23 pm

I asked my OB office of my blood results from about 20 weeks and submitted that to the recipient moms. Most moms will accept that.

If they would like more or additional testing ask them to front the cost. You should not have to pay for ANY testing related to donating milk to a recipient family.

There are tons of families out there requesting milk. If you feel uncomfortable with what a family is asking or feel it is too much, then find a family that is a better fit.

Hope that helps.

Barbara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down