MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Milk wanted

2 posters

Go down

Milk wanted Empty Re: Milk wanted

Post by Maureene Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:02 pm

Hey I live in Butte, MT! I bf and pump cause I work fulltime but I'd be willing to donate a 50oz or so maybe more down the line if pumping, feeding, and bf continue going well! My DD is 3.5months old and i've only been back to work for almost 5weeks now so i'm always afraid of nipple rejection! I pump about 15oz a day while I am away from my baby and she only drinks about 10oz while i'm gone! Get in touch w/me if your intrested!

Maureene

Back to top Go down

Milk wanted Empty Milk wanted

Post by mommy2two+twins Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:27 pm

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some generous mommies who have a stash of breast milk they are willing to donate to my twins. We have been trying everything to increase my supply including several pricey precriptions with no luck. This has been an on going battle from the day they were born. They came into the world two months early at St Luke's in Boise and spent 30 days in the NICU where they were unable to nurse so I have been pumping from the beginning. My supply never fully came in so we have been playing with formula from the start. We have yet to find anything that totally works for them. We've tried lactose-free, alimentum, soy, nutramigen and they are currently on Neocate (rx that costs $62.60/can, they go through almost 2 a day!) which is helping some, but doesn't do near what breast milk does for them. We were lucky to have a couple of donors over the past couple of months, but they have since weaned and we are back on formula. The boys immediately started screaming constantly through the day and have mucousy, bloody diarreah along with horrible gas and throwing up multiple times after each feeding. They also have GERD (explains the puking Smile ) and it gets aggrivated with the formula and causes them pain. They have never had these issues with bm so if at all possible we'd love to keep them on it as much as possible and with my situation, the only way we can do this is to use milk from wonderful, generous donors who want to help my boys. Due to their meds, bills, and formula we can't afford much, but I will certainly reimburse bags, or just buy new ones. I know this is a lot to ask, I know what it is like to spend hours a day on a pump. It's alot, it can be overwhelming, but we are hoping and praying someone out there has a stash of milk sitting in their freezer they don't know what to do with or someone has an overabundant supply and would be willing to pump some for the boys. It would be more than appreciated and would make such a difference in their little lives. Now, one thing I do ask is that you are disease free, and only take baby safe meds (Tylenol or Motrinfrom time to time, or some other meds that are considered safe are fine). I would prefer to see copies of bloodwork from your pregnancy or more recent if possible just as a safety precaution so I can see you don't have anything that will affect them. Please be honest with me, it's my babies health at stake. I know this may seem strange, but we are desperate to find something/someone to help them and it seems this is our only option. We're in Idaho, but I am looking in neighboring states as well to ship here hopefully, or if close enough I'll make the drive! Thanks for considering us!
mommy2two+twins
mommy2two+twins

Back to top Go down