MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need frozen milk or an on-going donor (or both! or a few of both!) in the Seattle or Eastside area

Go down

Need frozen milk or an on-going donor (or both! or a few of both!) in the Seattle or Eastside area Empty Need frozen milk or an on-going donor (or both! or a few of both!) in the Seattle or Eastside area

Post by jodyplustwinsx3 Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:31 pm

Hello! I'm brand new here so forgive me if I mess something up. I'm a mom to 7 kiddos, 6 of whom are twins (yes, we have 3 sets of twins). All 7 of my kids have been preemies to varying degrees and I've ended up pumping for all of them. I know all of the supply increasing tricks in the book and still suffer a major decline around 6 mo where I'm not able to keep up with the needs of two babies anymore. My supply generally disappears entirely 9-10 mo. Literally just drops of milk.

My youngest babies are 4.5 mo now and, due to my own freezer stash, we have enough milk to make it about another 1.5 mo on full EBM based on my current pumping output of 35-38 oz per day. However, they are increasing their feeds and my supply just fell from 50 oz per day to 35-38 oz per day in the span of one month! Hence, we're defrosting milk daily now. Our goal has always been 100% EBM until 1 year of age, and we want to make that happen. I could probably never personally donate due to the fact that I take 15 rx meds per day, so we're fine with most BF'ing safe meds.

What we really need is a freezer stash, if at all possible. We're going to go through potentially THOUSANDS of ounces of EBM. We have a chest freezer and I will re-donate any milk that we don't use, but I'd be stunned if it was any since we're talking two babies, my dwindling supply, etc.

Since I'm new, I would like to share my blog with you... pics of my family, and a post about BF'ing and its importance to me that I wrote over time, so you know we're legit. I don't have a lot of time to write much more here, but want a donor to know we're real, we are committed to 100% EBM, and we'd love your milk. Please, oh, please. We're in Mt. Baker, but my husband works on the Eastside, so we can travel a bit. Especially if you have a lot. We'll figure it out.

This is my blog: http://homesteadingandthecity.blogspot.com

This is a post about my BF'ing struggles and committment to EBM: http://homesteadingandthecity.blogspot.com/2010/07/breastfeeding-or-something-like-it.html

Thank you for reading!

jodyplustwinsx3

Back to top Go down