MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Milk to donate

2 posters

Go down

Milk to donate Empty Re: Milk to donate

Post by kauaiangirl Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:40 am

I sent you a PM.... Mary
kauaiangirl
kauaiangirl

Back to top Go down

Milk to donate Empty Milk to donate

Post by mickeygirl Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:06 pm

Milk to donate
Due to a painful crack in one of my nipples I have been feeding my daughter exclusively on just one side and pumping the other. My body has adjusted my output so most of her needs are met on the one breast. I’ve been getting approx 3-3.5 ounces per pump 4 or 5 times/day and she only uses 1 or 2 of those so I usually have about 2 “bottles” (6-7 oz) a day to donate (which I’m currently freezing immediately).

About me:
-I don’t drink alcohol or smoke but do get a small amount of caffeine from tea each day and an occasional coffee drink.
-I take prenatals, omega capsules, and probiotics daily.
-I have been tested for HIV and other STDs, Hep B, etc when pregnant and don’t engage in any risky behavior.
-I’m a vegetarian and don’t limit myself on the foods that are considered to cause gas in babies (veggies, spices, dairy, etc). I figure my daughter is going to be a vegetarian as well so will be eating those foods eventually anyway. However, if your baby is sensitive to those I want to make sure you’re aware.
-My daughter was born in December to give you an idea of approx age.

We live in the Duvall area but make a couple trips to the Eastside cities (Bellevue, Redmond, Kirkland & Issaquah) a couple times/week and my husband works in Ballard so if you’re in Seattle you could pick up from him. Currently I’m pumping into the freezer bags that are compatible with my pump but have ordered a large supply of sterile specimen cups since they are half the cost & reusable when re-sterilized.

mickeygirl

Back to top Go down