MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foster/Hopeful Adoptive Son needs quality nutrition from breast milk

2 posters

Go down

Foster/Hopeful Adoptive Son needs quality nutrition from breast milk Empty Re: Foster/Hopeful Adoptive Son needs quality nutrition from breast milk

Post by Hannahgayle Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:56 am

Hi,
I was originally planning to pump milk for a friend who was adopting around the same time I was giving birth, but the adoption didn't go through. My baby girl was born Nov. 3, so our babies are similar age- we may be a good match. If you are still looking for a donor, let me know, and we can discuss the possibility of shipping- I am in Colorado, and I don't have much freezer space, so would like to ship small quantities and more frequently.

Hannah

Hannahgayle

Back to top Go down

Foster/Hopeful Adoptive Son needs quality nutrition from breast milk Empty Foster/Hopeful Adoptive Son needs quality nutrition from breast milk

Post by Carla Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:10 pm

Hi Everyone! I am looking for milk for my son who was born on 11/20. He was removed from his birthmother due to her and him being positive for opiates. He was 5lbs 12 oz at birth, due to drugs and lack of quality nutrition. He's on formula, but I know that breastmilk will make a HUGE difference. One risk of opiates is that many babies become "failure to thrive." So far, he seems to be eating well and gaining weight, but I am willing to do what it takes to make sure he gets everything he needs to overcome his rough start. A friend suggested that I give him a head start by looking for a woman willing to share milk with us. We are near Ann Arbor, MI and have no idea how to ship, but would be willing to pay to do it. So either donors or experienced "shippers" please reply.

Carla

Back to top Go down