MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any other donors not finding a lot of takers?

4 posters

Go down

Any other donors not finding a lot of takers? Empty Any other donors not finding a lot of takers?

Post by Jaz Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:23 pm

I used to donate frequently between Apr. 2009-Dec. 2009 with my second child (babe in my avatar) mostly through the old Yahoo forum/email group. I had a lot of local interest in my donations every time I posted that I had milk available. With my current babe, I've had only one contact about a milk donation. Is any one else finding it hard to find recipients for your milk? I feel like people didn't make the transition from the yahoo group to this forum and I find that sad because that means a lot of babies aren't getting breastmilk that they could have been getting if the Yahoo group was still active. I miss the yahoo group - it was busy and fun.
Jaz
Jaz

Back to top Go down

Any other donors not finding a lot of takers? Empty Milk Needed for Kalea in Northern California (Sacramento area)

Post by Kalea's Mom Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:21 am

Hi Jazz,
I am VERY intersted in receiving your breast milk (both what you have on hand and any milk you are willing to make available as an on-going donor). I have contacted you via private message (thanks for getting back to me regarding the quantity). I will be sending you another PM this morning.

There ARE people out there that need milk--Kalea being one of them and I am so excited to have found that you live in Northern California as I have been contacting people in other states who are willing to ship. I would have no problem driving to your area.

Thanks
Stacy

Kalea's Mom

Back to top Go down

Any other donors not finding a lot of takers? Empty Re: Any other donors not finding a lot of takers?

Post by jilliana81 Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:52 pm

I have lots of milk that I need to get rid of but the problem is finding someone local. I've received a few responses from out-of-state but it really creeps me out to think that some of these responses could actually be grown men looking for breastmilk for themselves. Kalae's Mom - I would looooovee to get this milk to you but how can I know that you aren't a thirsty 60 year old man? Lol...sorry. It might be too much to ask to find someone locally. I don't know what to do. Tell you what...Jazz - Since you're in Cali and Kalea's Mom is in Cali, you guys meet up and Jazz, let me know if Kalea's Mom is who she says she is.
jilliana81
jilliana81

Back to top Go down

Any other donors not finding a lot of takers? Empty Re: Any other donors not finding a lot of takers?

Post by Kalea's Mom Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:25 pm

No thirsty 60 year old man here--just a 42 year old mom with cancer who is trying to get what my daughter needs and what I currently can't give her and who is willing to have it shipped from out of state if that is what it takes. I have already indicated to Jazz that i would be willing to pick up the milk and bring my daughter with me (and likely would be bringing my entire family) if she chooses to donate to me/my daughter.

Kalea's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by amiga74 Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:53 pm

I'm glad you both found what you were looking for - both donors and recipients.

I'm another new mom, not a creepy 60 year old guy or fetishist looking for milk, preferably in the Madison, WI area. If you've got milk, holla!

I received milk before from a donor when i lived in TX who can vouch for me if necessary.

amiga74

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down