MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

diarrhea after being on breast milk for one week

5 posters

Go down

diarrhea after being on breast milk for one week Empty diarrhea after being on breast milk for one week

Post by Tracey Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:04 am

My four month old daughter has been on partial donated breast milk from birth with a really good organic formula. I now, thank goodness, have freezer full! And for the first time she is on full-time BM. However she has had pretty bad diarrhea everyday for over a week now. I know BM is a laxative, but I am worried about her becoming dehydrated. Does anyone have any advice or the same experience? i am thinking about putting her back on partial formula. :-(
Tracey
Tracey

Back to top Go down

diarrhea after being on breast milk for one week Empty Re: diarrhea after being on breast milk for one week

Post by xrayeyes07 Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:14 am

There is a difference between diarrhea and BM poop. BM poop is very runny and almost yellow and that is normal. Check out this site and see if this helps you determine if it is diarrhea or bm poop. http://www.babycenter.com/baby-poop-photos

xrayeyes07

Back to top Go down

diarrhea after being on breast milk for one week Empty Re: diarrhea after being on breast milk for one week

Post by srmireles Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:42 am

Breast milk poop is runny and can be mistaken for diarrhea but it is not. Breast milk is easier for babies to digest so it makes it easier to come out to. When it comes to breast milk fed babies to determine if its diarrhea dont look at the consistenciy of the poop but look at how many times your baby poops.
srmireles
srmireles

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracey Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:21 am

Thank you both so much for these responses....both very helpful. The consistency seems to be a little bit more watery than the photos, but she is only going once a day. She did have a few squirts at the beginning but those seem to have subsided. I am feeling much better now!
Tracey
Tracey

Back to top Go down

Post by srmireles Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:58 pm

No worries. I remember being worried about that once too..it is very watery. If you ever have more questions feel free to ask. I am one of those moms that has really done the research about everything and anything to do with a baby lol.
srmireles
srmireles

Back to top Go down

Post by mel chris Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:52 am

Yep, poos from a baby who is exclusively on breast milk are going to be runny! It's not diarrhea! Smile Poop every day is normal, too!

mel chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbara Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:12 pm

If it comes and goes it could also be something in the donors doet. I know certain foods turn my sons poo different colors and sometimes make him go more often. Very Happy

Barbara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down