MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Richmond/Somerset area recipients

Go down

New Richmond/Somerset area recipients Empty New Richmond/Somerset area recipients

Post by steph0530 Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:06 pm

**Update 1/8/10** I am happy to update that I have found a home for my current batch of excess milk. I will post again if/when I have more available. Good luck to all that have shown interest, sending milky thoughts your way!!! ~Steph

A bit of an intro-

My name is Stephanie and I'm momma to Dane Everett, my precious baby boy, born Sept. 18, 2009. He is my first child. Throughout my pregnancy I knew I wanted to breastfeed and worked tirelessly to educate myself for what was to come. My work has paid off and I have over 200oz in the freezer and a hefty 15# 3 month old! Shocked He is 100% booby baby!! I live in Western WI and would ideally like to find a momma in my area, but I am willing expanding my search to the near by twin cities, MN metro.

I was always paranoid about my supply and started pumping when he was 2 weeks old to build my stash. I went back to work 5 weeks postpartum and have working full time and pumping ever since.

When I first started researching donating my milk the company Prolacta kept coming across my screen. So, thinking they were the only "milk bank" in the midwest, I signed up. (I have passed their online survey and have obtained my OBGYN signed paperwork stating I am healthy and a good candidate for donation). After learning more about their FOR-PROFIT business practices and their negative impact on HMBANA non-profit milk banks, I decided to look elsewhere for a home for my liquid gold. I want my milk to go to a local momma and baby in need, not a company looking to make a buck and sell human milk "fortifier" for over $180 per ounce. Mad So here I am.

I will, of course, always maintain a decent stash for my own child, and with that in mind will be donating a relatively small amount at first then increasing the amount as I become more comfortable with the process.

I will continue the Prolacta screening process to provide reassurance to any recipient that my milk is safe your baby. I might even donate a bit of milk to them, seeing they did screen me for free...

~Steph
steph0530
steph0530

Back to top Go down