MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Southside Virginia - Thinking about donating locally - TAKEN!

3 posters

Go down

Southside Virginia - Thinking about donating locally - TAKEN! Empty Re: Southside Virginia - Thinking about donating locally - TAKEN!

Post by RealMylk Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:08 pm

Let me know if you extend your search to NoVa.
3+ hours is a long drive, but maybe my DH will drive it... or maybe we could have it shipped.

Thank you.

RealMylk

Back to top Go down

Southside Virginia - Thinking about donating locally - TAKEN! Empty Re: Southside Virginia - Thinking about donating locally - TAKEN!

Post by Evelynsmom Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:39 am

Hi, I'm glad you responded. I'll be glad to answer your questions.

I take Tylenol occasionally for headaches - meaning maybe once a month or so.

As far as wheat products - I do eat breads and pastas. I understand the celiac thing because my mom and brother have celiac disease and any little bit can set them off. I don't know if you would want my BM because of this and I totally understand. I am very concerned about making the best choices for my baby so I totally won't be offended if this isn't the right match for you.

No, I do not smoke or drink.

If you are still interested I would be glad to talk to you further. Good luck with your search for BM!

P.S. I'm sure you've probably already tried everything to increase your supply, but one thing that I can't do without to keep my production up is Gatorade; it helps so much.

Evelynsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by djosgood Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:14 am

I live in Hampton roads and we are looking for breastmilk for our 2 month old daughter. I am not producing enough milk and we have been suplimenting with formula but we would like to use breastmilk if we can find the right donor! A few questions in addition to the info you already shared: Do you drink alcohol or smoke? Do you ever take non-prescription drugs (like Tylenol, etc)? If so, how often? Do you eat wheat? I have celiac disease and I am on a wheat free/gluten free diet. My daughter has never been introduced to wheat throughout my entire pregnancy or through the breast milk I do have. So I am trying to keep it consistant because wheat protein, like dairy, passes through the breastmilk and is a common allergin for babies. I know this is difficult for me to find but important we don't make our baby sick! Sorry I have so many questions but I have to ask! Thanks so much! I look forward to hearing from you!

djosgood

Back to top Go down

Southside Virginia - Thinking about donating locally - TAKEN! Empty Southside Virginia - Thinking about donating locally - TAKEN!

Post by Evelynsmom Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:10 pm

Hello,

I'm a momma to a baby girl born in February and have been blessed with a great milk supply. I have been thinking about donating for a while and thankfully found this site. I have milk pumped and frozen in March and April that I would be willing to donate. I don't know for sure, but I believe it is around 100 ounces or maybe a little more.

I would be willing to get a copy of my blood test results from my OB from when I was pregnant. I am healthy and have no chronic illnesses and have not been sick since my baby was born. I take no daily prescription medications. I do take a daily prenatal vitamin, calcium supplement, and two borage oil capsules daily. I maintain a fairly low dairy diet because my little one seems to react when I drink cow's milk.

I live in Southside Virginia and would prefer to donate fairly locally if possible, but would be willing to ship if there is someone further who really needs it.

Please respond or PM me with any requests or questions.

Last edited by Evelynsmom on Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Evelynsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down