MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

looking to donate-

2 posters

Go down

looking to donate-  Empty Seeking Milk in Glenview

Post by LauraSMalone Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:09 pm

Hi Margaret,

You are so lovely to write such a thorough profile! I am new to this message board today and don't know much about the issues/risks so have sent a note to my pediatrician to ask. I am an adoptive mom of a 7-week old relocating to the greater Chicago area. I tried to induce lactation since March without much success. I am feeding our baby with a supplemental nurser and am very saddened by my inability to produce milk. I would love to work something out with you if your milk is still available as long as my pediatrician has no concerns--you sound very healthy and very careful. Your little guy is adorable!

Thank you!
Laura
(lsmalone@mindspring.com)

LauraSMalone

Back to top Go down

looking to donate-  Empty looking to donate-

Post by margaret_roth Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:34 pm

Hi! I'm Margaret

I am a non smoker, and don't do any drugs. I do drink caffeine though (like 1-2 diet cokes a day) and am on an inhaler for asthma, however i've only used it 2x post partum. Doc said it was OK for breast feeding and that I didn't have to pump and dump or anything after using it. I rarely drink and when I do its a glass of wine which is out of my system by the time I usually pump. I eat mostly (i'd say 80%) Organic foods (almost always organic dairy and meat only), and keep loose Kosher- no shellfish, pork or cheeseburgers but when i'm out of the house I will rarely mix poultry and dairy if I'm at my mother's house and she's being a pain in the rear about it (she's not Jewish so she doesn't "get" it . Almost all food at home is Kosher but I occasionally eat out or at my parent's house who don't keep it.

I'd be willing to donate 30-40 oz now if you're fine with me having caffeine and the inhaler. Or we could work something out-where as soon as i've got 30-40 oz of non inhaler milk for sure- we can plan something in advance. (I haven't marked any bags because I wasn't aware of the opportunities to donate) If you are not comfortable with me using the inhaler, I can mark the bags when I use it and not give you those. Chances are there's nothing in the pumped milk anyways (caffeine or inhaler wise) because I pump in the early morning (4-5 am) and the only times i've used it were in the day/early evening. I'd also be willing to stop eating poultry and dairy together if this is important and someone would want a repeating donation.

i'm cutting out all but one cup of tea a day because I want to donate and want to make myself more available to help mamas. I'd be willing to donate repeatedly but I'd have to go a month/month 1/2 between donations because while I produce extra, I don't produce THAT much extra. However, I would consider taking supplements (fenugreek et al) to up my supply a bit so I can either give you more or do it a BIT more often.

My little guy is 3 months and change. :-)

I have a clean STD test from when I was pregnant because I needed one to have a water birth (didn't happen but thats another story for another forum...). I have only ever had one partner- my husband.

I'm in the West suburbs, but I am in Oak park every saturday during the summer and every saturday AND sunday fall through the end of spring. I am also a stay at home mom so I could meet you during the days or evenings.

Hope I can help someone out!!!

Margaret Roth

Last edited by margaret_roth on Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot a detail.)
margaret_roth
margaret_roth

Back to top Go down