MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preparing for Adopted Baby on the way

3 posters

Go down

Preparing for Adopted Baby on the way Empty Re: Preparing for Adopted Baby on the way

Post by birchmama Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:26 am

Hi Heidi-
I have a large supply of frozen milk, I started freezing it when my baby(almost 9 months old) was 3 months. So, it wouldn't be exactly the same age, but could be helpful. I live in Maryland, near DC.
Feel free to ask me any questions. I am new to this, but would love to find someone who could use our excess milk!
Lara

birchmama

Back to top Go down

Preparing for Adopted Baby on the way Empty Re: Preparing for Adopted Baby on the way

Post by aquariummom Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:12 am

Hi we are in kent county near chestertown I have a bunch of milk plus some from when my little one was first born if interested. This is my first time posting so not sure what I do. Thanks

aquariummom

Back to top Go down

Preparing for Adopted Baby on the way Empty Preparing for Adopted Baby on the way

Post by mama2coop Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:02 pm

Hello everyone.

I am new here and have already enjoyed learning from so many of your posts. thank you. I have a lot to learn Smile

I am a mama to a 4 year old son who I had the privilege of breastfeeding until he was 2.5. Our family will be welcoming an adopted baby at some point, hopefully within the next year. I will be trying to relactate/induce lactation for some nutrition for the baby and especially for the bonding process. And we would be so honored and grateful if we could provide as much donated breast milk for our little one as possible as we know so well the wonders it holds for healthy development.

It is so hard to plan with domestic adoption regarding a time line because it truly could be a week or a year until we bring our little one home. I guess in a perfect world, I would wish to have a beginning stash of frozen milk from a mama nursing a newborn that is here waiting for our little one if he/she comes quickly. I am still researching how important it is to have milk from a mama with the same aged child. I would welcome any guidance regarding how this unknown time frame has been handled before with milk donation, and I am also interested in beginning to build a relationship with someone(s) who may be able and willing to donate. We would obviously love to find someone relatively local. We live in the greater Baltimore area but we are also open to a longer drive periodically for pick up or even shipping milk. We would obviously supply storage bags, new tubing, and anything else you would need.

We can't wait to welcome a new addition to our family and we so want to give this dear child the best start possible.
Thanks for reading,
Heidi

mama2coop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down