MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breast Milk Needed for Adopted Newborn Boy!!!

2 posters

Go down

Breast Milk Needed for Adopted Newborn Boy!!! Empty Re: Breast Milk Needed for Adopted Newborn Boy!!!

Post by kvanhorne Thu May 20, 2010 5:39 pm

Hi,

My name is Kirsten and I need to find a home for my frozen breastmilk. First of all, you should know that the milk dates back as far as late December/early January. It has been frozen solid the entire time. I have been holding out hope that my son could use it but it is very clear now that he has food allergies to dairy and soy and I had been eating a normal diet when I pumped it. It is my first two weeks of milk plus what I was pumping after that so it contains colostrum (your post stood out to me because your son is still very young and may benefit from this early milk) My son was born with a congenital heart defect and had open heart surgery at 5 days old so he wasn't able to fully take breastmilk until he was almost 2 weeks old. (Although he eats like a champ now! Smile) I estimate that I have roughly 60 oz., but I can't say for sure...all I know is that my husband wants freezer space back and I don't want to throw it out!

I live in Tacoma and can answer any questions you have and get you any health history info that you need from my doctor. Please let me know if you're still interested.

My email is kjvanhorne@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Kirsten

kvanhorne

Back to top Go down

Breast Milk Needed for Adopted Newborn Boy!!! Empty Breast Milk Needed for Adopted Newborn Boy!!!

Post by sherrimama Thu May 13, 2010 6:22 pm

Yesterday my husband and I just received our adopted newborn son. This happened so suddenly that I did not have the opportunity to start pumping so that I could produce my own milk. We would greatly appreciate any milk until my milk comes in. We reside on the Kitsap Peninsula (across the water from Seattle) in Washington.

Blessings & Peace,

Sherri

sherrimama

Back to top Go down