MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for Milk for my 3 mo. old son

2 posters

Go down

Looking for Milk for my 3 mo. old son Empty Re: Looking for Milk for my 3 mo. old son

Post by julimarti Tue May 04, 2010 9:08 pm

Stefanie,

Let me know if you got the private message with all my information that I sent you in this site. If you didn't write me a note with your e-mail @ : julimarti@hotmail.com.

Thanks!
julimarti
julimarti

Back to top Go down

Looking for Milk for my 3 mo. old son Empty Re: Looking for Milk for my 3 mo. old son

Post by julimarti Tue May 04, 2010 8:13 pm

Hi Stefanie,

Is it too late to call? Thursday will be okay for me. I come home from work at 5:30 p.m. I can give you this Thursday 100 oz. I have another mom here in St. Paul that needs some milk too ( I just went to my freezer and counted 250 oz). I'll send you my home phone number in a private message and you can call me right now if you still awake.

To answer your question, Alejandro was born on January 18, so YES they are very close on age. I'll talk to you later!
julimarti
julimarti

Back to top Go down

Post by Stefanie Tue May 04, 2010 7:55 pm

Hey Juliana,
Yes I am very interested! We just resorted to formula for 1-2 feedings/day last night because my sister's milk stash is starting to run low.
We figure we need about another 8-10 oz/day. Bjorn is continuing to take in more the supplement via a SNS because he is still catching up from some weight loss a month ago. I also just joined so this is all new to me too. Thank you so much for finding my post. Whatever you are will to share will be wonderful so we don't have to do formula.
When would we a good time to come pick up the milk? I am over that way on Thursday but anyday is fine cuz Macalester is not too far from our house. (we live in SE Mpls).
Also I think your milk would be perfect for us because your son is around the same age and I have read that if you are going to use donated milk it is good to get it from a mom with a baby around the same age because milk changes as the baby grows.

When was Alejandro born? Bjorn was born on 1/25/10

Thanks again,
Stefanie

Last edited by Stefanie on Wed May 05, 2010 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stefanie
Stefanie

Back to top Go down

Post by julimarti Tue May 04, 2010 6:19 pm

Hi Stefanie,

I just joined the group and I'm getting the hand of it. I have about 100 oz in my freezer right now and I have no more space for it. The oldest milk is from April 21st. As you can see I make A LOT of milk (between 50 to 60 onces per day). I also have a 3 1/2 months old, Alejandro, and he is close to 16 lbs now.I live close to Macalester, let me know if you are interested.

Juliana & Alejandro
julimarti
julimarti

Back to top Go down

Looking for Milk for my 3 mo. old son Empty Looking for Milk for my 3 mo. old son

Post by Stefanie Sat May 01, 2010 1:21 pm

Hi,
I'm Stefanie and I have a 3 month old son Bjorn. I am 32 yrs old and a first time mom. I had a great supply of my own milk for the first 2 months then about a month ago it crashed and I have been working hard to rebuild it. We have figured that my low supply is do to a variety of things but mostly due to my breast reduction I had almost 12 yrs ago. In my memory, the surgeon told me I should not have a problem breastfeeding (b/c that has always been very important to me). In reality ,my dad just informed me, they told me that my breastfeeding abilities might be compromised. So here I am, frustrated that my 21 yr old self decided to go ahead with the surgery and not hear that breastfeeding would be compromised!Sad

We have been supplementing with my sister's milk for 2 weeks via an SNS and Bjorn has been gaining weight and doing great. I have been doing everything under the sun to increase my milk supply and so far things are looking up.

I am looking for donations to help back up what my sister is giving us. Bjorn is taking in 19-22 oz of supplemented milk in a 24 hr period. My sister is able to pump 12-15 oz/day for us and on a good day, I can pump about 4 oz/day. So you see we are falling just short of what he needs. The good news is as my supply increases he has been taking less of the supplement so hopefully that will continue as the week go on.

I would be willing to drive to pick up milk. We would be very grateful for donations as breastfeeding and breast milk is so important to helping build a strong healthy foundation for my son.

Peace
Stefanie & Bjorn
Stefanie
Stefanie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down