MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MilkShare
Thank you for requesting to join MilkShare! We are happy to have you. Inappropriate requests are not tolerated and forums are carefully moderated. Please read our guidelines for safer sharing at www.milkshare.com. If you are seeking milk, we request that you please help to keep MilkShare alive by contributing $20 via Paypal to yaaykhadi@gmail.com prior to posting. Thousands of families have used MilkShare to donate or receive milk for their babies. We believe that this community is preserving an age old practice and giving more babies the best nutrition possible. Thank you for contributing to our success!
MilkShare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frozen breastmilk to donate Clearlake/Webster/Pasadena/Seabrook or Beltway 8 West / Westheimer area

Go down

Frozen breastmilk to donate Clearlake/Webster/Pasadena/Seabrook or Beltway 8 West / Westheimer area Empty Frozen breastmilk to donate Clearlake/Webster/Pasadena/Seabrook or Beltway 8 West / Westheimer area

Post by grunersi Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:19 pm

Dear All,
my girl quit taking bottles during the day in day care. I do have quiet a large freezer stash of breast milk from about February 2015 (baby's age 6 month) to June/July 2015 (baby's age 11month). I had thought, I would use the milk, during the weaning process, since I want to have another child and I did not want to wean her, before she herself is ready. It turns out, I do not need it.
I do live in Clearlake (10 min from NASA in Houston) and work in Pasadena, TX / Seabrook area. So easiest would be to personally meet somewhere close to here to hand over the milk.
My husband works close to Beltway 8 (WEST) and Westheimer. So a meet up in that area would also be easy to arrange.

The reason, that I can not donate my milk to a national milk bank is, that we are European, and thus have lived in Europe for more then 5 years in the 1980s. Our beef consumption at that time was low and of non UK cows, which we Europeans consider safe. But no-one knows for sure, and of course I can not guarantee anything. The other draw back may be, that the frozen milk has been frozen longer then 6 month. However it was in deep freeze and my pediatrician told me, it would be good for at least another year.
I do have very recent blood work on being healthy and HIV, hepatitis free etc, since I need this for my next IVF cycle for baby number 2 (this I will happily provide). My first daughter is also an IVF baby, so I do have similar blood work from end of 2013 as well, thus showing I have been healthy the whole time. This means I was healthy when I pumped the milk using the Ameda pump, which completely separates the pumped milk and the pump motor, thus being more hygienic then most medela pumps. If desired, I can do additional blood work (with the cost of the test paid by the recipient). I did and do take prenatal vitamins during the whole time I am nursing, since my pediatrician advised this during nursing. I did not take any medication or other supplements then the prenatal, that I did not discuss and were okayed by my doctor on their impact to nursing my daughter. My daughter is a healthy happy child and growing like a weed (97 percentile for height). She is pretty healthy with an occasional cold from day care.

I hope to find someone who will benefit from this breast milk!
Best regards
Sibylle

grunersi

Back to top Go down